08/2008
Country
US
State
CO
City
Greeley
Hello,

I'm fairly new (about 10 days on the forum) and I have already gotten so much good advice! My next question is, what is the best type of mattress for someone with ALS? My dad has never been one to even notice his mattress or complain, but he's starting to have back pain and have trouble getting to sleep because he feels "pokey things" under him. When I lie on his bed, I just notice it's pretty saggy. Is memory foam on top good, or a whole mattress of it, or :confused:is that too hard? It's so hard for me to tell because I have fibromyalgia, very different type of muscle problems.

Ask your occupational therapist to order a therapeutic mattress.
Patsy

Get them to get you a ROHO mattress, they are wonderful!

I started with the egg crate style available at Wal Mart etc. I then got from ALS Society a Spenco mattress pad (google it to see) that worked for a while and now have an air cell 9000 but not sure of the brand. I'll check tomorrow. It's a loaner as well. So far it is comfy.

AL.

We have a memory foam bed, A craftmatic bed, that worked for awhile and then Freddie seemed to feel like that was too hard, now he has an air mattress that seems to work best for him, he does so want to come back to the memory foam bed though........he he I think it is because I am in it..........:mrgreen:

:oops: Gosh, Nettie- glad to see you are not too tired from caregiving! LOL.

Not that tired

Well I am never tooo tired for that.....and thank GOD all that still works......:oops: I am always tired, I am doing this alone, with a little help from my friend that comes around 6-7 at night and stays till around 3...I usually do my errands or SLEEP!:mrgreen:

lots of love,
netty:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back