Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
We set my darling husband, Matt, free today.

He made me promise to do it, but he clung to life even when life offered him nothing but pain. He was a fighter to the end.

He was comfortable, and he did not appear distressed--but he was stronger than anyone imagined.

He was surrounded by his children, siblings, father, and wife. We cried, and sang, and told stories, and laughed--and then cried some more. I can only hope he felt the love as he left.

I know that this is not a proper tribute to Matt, but the best of this journey has already been chronicled here. He was the finest man I've ever known, and I will miss him every day for the rest of my life.

I have no doubt that he felt the love and it helped him fly free.

You gave the greatest gift of love. You were the most awesome care partner he could have had. Fly free Matt

Hugs and love Becky

xoxo

There is no doubt that he felt the love, Becky, and was grateful as for so much else, that you honored his personhood and his wishes. So often that choice is taken falsely as surrender, when it is actually the final manifestation of control.

I wish much peace and strength to you and your family.

Best,
Laurie

Given the nightmare of the disease, you played it beautifully. It sounds like the best possible passing with family there. Matt is free now. I wish you and your family peace and comfort.

Much love Becky, fly free Matt.

I'm sure he was totally aware of nothing but love xxxx

My deepest condolences.

Steve

My deepest condolences. Fly free Matt!

Dave

He felt it, no doubt. So sorry.

Condolences and thank you for the care and love you gave Matt.

You have honored Matt in both your loving care and the final act of setting him free. So much love. I wish you peace.

Fly free Matt!

Even with the announcement beforehand and the best possible conditions with family and lots of love the loss hits hard.
Thank you for walking all the way with Matt and talking us with you.

He felt the love and now he’s flying free. My deepest condolences and love to you.
Tracy

I am so sorry.. there are no good words to say for this kind of pain. Just sending you and your family a big hug.
Adriana

Thankyou for inviting Chally and me into your home when we were so early on with als
Love Beth

Matt your on your way,fly free
Love you Becky
Chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back