Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
CT
City
Niantic
Phil loves a massage. I am going to purchase a table or chair. I am not sure which. P thinks a chair as he will be able to get in an out of it better since his legs are good. I think a table for total relaxation. of course it is difficult for him to get on and off. We have a retired nurse as a friend and neighbor who gives him massages on occasion as do I which are not nearly as good as hers but our friend will give me instructions as well as a DVD. Any input on which one is a better choice from experience? Thanks.
Things r of course becoming increasingly difficult. P does not use the new lift chair. (I however find it very comfortable and convienient.) I don't understand how he cannot want to use it as opposed to sitting on a loveseat and holding his head up with his hand. I can only think that when his arm goes completely he will have to use it which is soon. He operates the use of one arm with the other. A great deal of flopping around to get things to work. I can only make suggestions on how to make him more comfortable. Then just sit back and wait and hope he takes advantage of those suggestions. Usually does not.
I totally get missing your partner. That person you so enjoyed in your marriage changes as do you. Still love, just different.
Still fumbling my way around the forum. Finding the exchange of info and emotions invaluable.

My massage therapist just did them in the bed--my Hubby couldn't get into a chair or up on a table. she had to roll him around and climb on the bed herself but she was ok with it-

I am sure your husband is just trying to stay independent as long as he can. the lift chair is there for him that is what is important. Men!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back