08/2012
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Glendale
Hi everyone,

I've been on BiPap with presures of 6/12 since December happily using Resmed Swift FX nasal pillows. I have now been switched to a Trilogy 100 AVaps with settings of TV 700, max pressure 25, min pressure 8, EPap 6, Breath rate 12. Now it feels like a hurricane blowing up my nose! Today I tried some other masks I have used since December: Resmed Quattro fx & Resmed Mirage Quattro Full Face with the forehead piece. The face masks would not seal! The Swift FX nasal pillows seal but again the pressure keeps me up at night.

I am so tired & frustrated! Those of you on high pressures, what do you use? Help!

You could try the FitLife mask, though you may want to add a mask liner and/or headband to it (or any other mask). I would also revisit the fixed EPAP of 6 and try higher, lower, variable (Trilogy model permitting) since an EPAP off the mark can unnecessarily increase IPAP to reach TV. I would also revisit the TV since there is a range at each height and 700 is pretty aggressive unless you are rather tall. Docs don't always understand that "underventilation" in ALS and other MNDs can be optimal, both in terms of permissive hypercapnia and optimal comfort (and therefore sleep quality) of your machine setup. Make sure you can adjust the settings on your own if/as you need.

I had to work up to the higher max pressure. So maybe try a few nights at 14, then a few at 16,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back