Diagnosis
04/2020
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Bedminster
I lost my sweet husband and best friend Mark Biedron on Friday. Mark was diagnosed in April of this year. The battle was rough but the end was so peaceful, and I was incredibly honored to be the one to care for him and hold his hand from the very beginning to his very last moment.
Mark was larger than life. Handsome, energetic, generous, adventurous, brilliant, and so very very kind. I only had five years with Mark, but they were the most wonderful years of my life. He taught me how to love and be loved.

From his obituary:
“In 2011 Mark was appointed by the Governor to the NJ State Board of Education, and later elected President. During his service on the State BOE, Mark had a great positive impact on education in New Jersey. He was a superb and innovative policy leader with a firm ethical commitment of doing what is in the best interests of students, regardless of the direction the political winds were blowing. From early childhood education to programs for disabled children to better standards and assessments to fairer funding, Mark left his mark on education in New Jersey.
Remarkably, in this polarized day and age, Mark was respected by all sides, including educators in the field, school and district administrators, politicians from both parties and Department of Education staff. He was also committed to a vision of life-long learning and saw education as a continuum running from birth through adulthood.
At his core, Mark was an educator. He was committed to transparency and going out of his way to engage school administrators, teaching staff, parents and students. He was renowned for his travels across the State providing a public face to the State Board and inviting diverse viewpoints. Mark made sure that the department was represented at every event.
Mark was a creative thinker and problem solver, who always found ways to achieve complex and organizationally sensitive solutions. His student-centered accomplishments will stand as a lasting tribute to his skill and dedication.”

So many people have told me in the past few days that they are a better person for having known Mark. These words bring me comfort but the loss of him is overwhelming. I cannot imagine life without him.
I would like to sincerely thank everyone on this forum for your guidance as I navigated these challenging last few months. My thoughts will always be with all of you.
sincerely,
Christy Biedron, New Jersey

Last edited:
Mark sounds like a truly remarkable man. I am so so sorry for your loss Christy.

It sounds like those were a good five years, Christy, and that your priorities were in the right place up to the end, which is both easier and harder with the fast ride you had. Wishing you much fond reflection as you walk your path.

Best,
Laurie

I am so very sorry. What a wonderful man. now flying free

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing an insight into his wonderful soul.

I'm sorry for your loss but glad you told us about Mark. It sounds like a wonderful love story. I wish you peace.

Christy, I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. I am glad it was a peaceful passing. What an amazing man-- thanks for sharing that with us. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon

So sorry for your loss, Christy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tribute to Mark.

V

Just now revisiting your tribute to Mark tonight Christy, on a night perhaps similar to mine...with thoughts of loss and sadness but also with countless memories of what was beautiful, and what will always be true and far beyond special. I want to let you know I am thinking of you at this hour, and thinking of how much you must be missing Mark.

All the best...Jon

Christy, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear husband. As a fellow educator of 32 years, I appreciated hearing the tribute to his life you shared. He indeed made the world a better place.

Christy,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. "I am better for having known him" says much about the character of your husband, Mark. I suspect, however, that you also helped make him "shine". May you soon find your way through the fog that must now surround you.

My best...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back