Diagnosis
02/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
McEwensville
After a lot of reading and debate I decided to give Dronabinol/Marinol a try. I was hoping it would help with pain and give me and the wife a better nights sleep. I tried the first 5mg pill dissolved in water Saturday night and got nothing. Two hours later I'm taking my normal pain and sleep meds. I tried again the next afternoon and again no change. Last night we tried 10mg and still nothing. For me personally Marinol was a complete waste.

Did you get it through the VA? They told us they only approve it for Cancer Patients.

No, I went through my insurance.

My husband had positive results with dronabinol. We had it approved for 2 months as a trial then medicare took over and we were able to get it for another month but now it isn't covered and we cant afford it(appeals denied and we will change perscription companies).
He didn't use it for pain but he did use it for general comfort, spasticity, appetite, and managing saliva. When he stopped, his cramping increased dramatically, drop in appetite, increased saliva - difficulty swallowing so he'd feel like choking, and he became depressed. His feeling was that one drug was able to manage some symtoms with no noticable sidee effects as opposed to taking multiple drugs with untolerable side effects. Once he stopped the dronabinol he needed ativan to deal with the panic attacks. The disease progresses however I could tell when he hadn't taken dronabinol.

Sorry it was a waste.....can your wifey borrow it? Just kidding of course. Laugh or cry these days....Hang tough!

you should ask your doc about valium, i take 5mg 2 times a day and i dont have pain anymore and for sleep go to walmart and get 5mg of melitonin. it helps me sleep within an hour and it dont make u groggy in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back