Marijuana slows progression of als possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve,

You mentioned you were a musician... I play brass instruments (primarily trombone). I'm down to just playing in a community band and our first concert of the season is tomorrow.

What instrument(s) have you played?

You guys are musicians ? WOW

I play a mean Ipod , Car Stereo and even the Home Theater system by times.
:p :p :roll: :lol:

I used to go to rock concerts under the influence when I was young and foolish. Now , I am just older.

I always wanted to play for real , but short fat fingers just are not inclined . Im a computer geek instead !

I am a guitar player turned bass player. (Played sax in high school as well)Traveled most of Canada and US and every place in between over the years. Am just a weekend warrior now when I have the time. Family guy now, I think the wife calls it ...responsibility?...heh. I have a small studio set up down stairs and play with that.

I just got high.

Thanks for the laugh, Mango.....................................

I have a long personal history with marijuana after my 2005 ALS diagnosis. I came across these two articles written In the Journal for Palliative Care
http://www.cannabismd.org/reports/carter4.php
http://norml.org/pdf_files/NORML_Clinical_Applications_ALS.pdf
(they were reprinted elsewhere, obviously). One of the studies refers to several scientific studies regarding the neuroprotective properties of chemicals found in marijuana (cannabinoids). The other study is about how marijuana relieves eight different symptoms of ALS.

Since I live with my parents, using marijuana in the house was a no go. So I decided to get the next best option, THC pills. My psychiatrist was happy to prescribe these pills after MDA neurologist stopped writing for it. I wasn't happy with the effects of the pill. It didn't do much for my anorexia or spasticity, it mostly gave me a "Cerebral high", not the "body buzz" I was looking for. I came to learn that the other cannabinoids in marijuana are mostly responsible for the physical effects of the drug. But there was nothing I could do about that, until a medical marijuana law was put on the ballot in the last election. It passed, and I became one of the first people to receive a card from the Department of public health for the state of Michigan and its medical marijuana program. (It was issued to me on April 20, amusingly).

One of my home health aides is now my "primary caregiver" which gives him the right to grow 12 plants. I bought some Afghan seeds from the Netherlands, and he will plant them soon. Since I have control over what I will be growing, I was able to pick a strain of marijuana that will have the effects I'm looking for. I found out that indica plants have more of a physical effect than sativa plants.

Since I still can't smoke in the house, I am using brownies. I'm also going to buy a vaporizer which will allow me to inhale marijuana without any of the carbon monoxide or other unwanted chemicals.

If you don't mind me asking acenoface, how expensive are the seeds you're using? I will soon be obtaining my medical marijuana card, so I am curious about prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know someone who is a narcotic addict who doesn't have ALS. Maybe we should all start working that angle. I figure if we aren't cured, we won't care.

I am warning my mom to stay away from Marinol. Again, another pharmaceutical that has other things in it that she doesn't need. The organic variety that I can produce is way cheaper and much better for you. Our dependence on these kind of man made drugs is what I am trying to avoid. Mother nature does a much better job than any drug company.

totaly agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back