Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem Joel. Not what we need here.

AL.

Not legal here so I will not be doing it.

Good Luck! I hope it helps.
Joel, you must be kidding. BC is the epicentre of medical marijuana in Canada. I suspect you would have no problem having a doctor write you a prescrip. Plus, BC grows some of the finest pot in the world. I believe it is far and away the largest agricultural crop in the province. Some of it, the medical variety, is even legal and quite cheap.

John

Compassion Club

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to add in my previous post, which is still awaiting approval for a link, that I knew someone here several years ago with MS. He was virtually unintelligible until he smoked a joint. Then his speech became almost normal. That was before medical marijuana was legal in Canada and he grew his own in a foil lined closet. Imagine being denied a drug that could give you your voice back because of government disapproval, but that was life in Canada until 2001.

LOL. Don't believe everything you read, it is still illegal.

The police occasionally turn their backs to it but you can't count on it and it is still illegal.

I have looked into it extensively.

If things have changed in the last year somebody forgot to tell our local police. LOL.

Hi, I'm new here, my husband has ALS. We are trying to move to a compationate care state. My husband served 22 years in the army, including going to South-east Asia to recover MIA/POW remains and served in Iraq. He's got a ton of other health problems.

Blessings!

Last edited by a moderator:
marijuana also helps with excessive saliva

It is helpful towards several als symptoms, and is thought to be nerve protecting. The Govt has painted such a bad picture for it. When in reality. It is the least harmful drug there is. Alcohol is legal, and is the most mind altering drug there is, and is addicting. Doesn't make a lot of since.

Thank you so much for those links. I really think that America should be looking into this. My husband had lost use of his left thumb about 10 days ago. A week ago we went to a compationate state and he tested it. Within 4 days, he could use his thumb a little! I was expecting it to "hold off" the progression of ALS, not to reverse a little bit. His right arm is still gone, but I am hopeful he will keep feeling better. He says he has a 90% reduction in his cramping, makes him hungry, and he hasn't had one of his nightmares from PTSD. He also has cronic pain from 3 herniated disks in his lower back and has not taken any of his prescription pain meds.

I realize this works different on everyone, but for him, it works! I still have to get moved here, but I am going to go home and pack. I am at the point where I couuld let the bank have our house, just get us to where my hubby can live longer!

Thanks for listening....
Light and love
Jan

Jan,

Thanks for your most interesting post. I hope things continue to work out for your husband. Please update this in perhaps a month when he has more experience with MJ.

John

I have used pot medically in the last couple months. I found that I could speak better for a bit after a small amount. I now have pills from the doc that help in the same way, so I stopped the medical pot.

My father is has only limmited use of two fingers, and his voice is barely audible. Do you know if cannabis can help his ability to talk?

I neglected to say that my father is suffering from ALS and Confirmation of ALS came in 2008.

I am sorry I missed the question, Shanam. The marijuana helps with the clonus, not the volume of my voice. It helps with my spasms, too.

We are moving to a legal state for my hubby. It helps his cramps and makes him hungry. My brother lives in a legal state and actually got it for his breathing. He uses a vaporizor that does not compust the pot, but releases the medicine within. Also, he uses oils. My husband did well while there and has went down hill without. Most states, including this backward one we live in, have special rules for glacoma and dystroyfies. Any doctor who can perscribe class one narcatics can give you pot.

I for one, think anything that will give my husband another day is a good thing. Since you can't od on marijuana and it is a natural substance, I am all for it. I have read the horror stories of different drugs, but have not found anything bad on pot. For those of you who still believe in "Reefer Madness" try to watch "Super High Me" and look on tv for programs about marijuana. It is not a gateway drug that my parents told me of.

I noticed the report didn't show up. But you can look at it on norml.org and it basically says that THC keeps your nerve endings working, when ALS stops them. If you want to try the brownies, you have to make butter first. Look on youtube and find marijuana butter. Be sure to use the recipes that only use water and butter. The butter can then be used as regular butter, just don't let kids eat it.

I am amazed that there is something to help with ALS and our federal government is not making sure it's availivaible to all with ALS. It is a bonus that it is a cash crop, but when it comes down to it, it helps prolong life in my ALS husband. Before we went to the legal state, his left hand was gone. After a couple of days of THC, he got the use of that hand back. Now that we are back in a non-compationate state, he's lost his left hand. It is killing him to live here. He's 22 years of Army and I think he should be able to get WHAT EVER he thinks he needs no matter where he lives.

We hope to move within 6 months. I do have info for those of you who live in compationate care states on how to grow. We have studied this subject for over a year. ht.com has a great library of books and videos on how to grow. Also 420.com is another good info site.

My father was against pot. Until he was dying with cancer. Then he found out that pot would help him without messing up his head or stomach. It eased his pain and helped him eat when nothing else did.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back