Many Thanks To Mr. AL Pettit, Well Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtPockets

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Ms
City
Gulfport
I just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to Mr. AL Pettit for his work in helping to start this forum and his many years of offering support for all of us here.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to face this disease alone, without this forum and the many wonderful people on here who help one another each and every day of their lives.

Thank you so much AL.

Attachments

• alPettit.jpg
    alPettit.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Agreed.

Goodonya Al.

Al

I agree 100%. Im not even diagnosed, but I can tell you one thing. This message board has saved me a lot of money paying a physciologist.

Thanks,
Lou

I agree with you Mt. God bless these wonderful folks!

Irma

I agree with you MT, I am undiagnoseded and this is the only place I can come that people really understand what I am going through.

Thanks folks. We all do what we can to help each other here.
AL.

i too agree, thankyou al for giving your precious time and cindy included.
caroline:-D

This post is going to become immense for all of the thanks Al, Cindy and David are going to get . . . and deservedly so.

Al, your knowledge and willingness to give, despite your battles with ALS, are inspiring.
Cindy, your perspective on life and your words are always comforting.
David, your generosity and time you devote to this site is a godsend to so many.

You should all feel good about what you do for so many. Words simply aren't enough but I'm sure we will all try to convey how much you are truly loved, admired and appreciated.

As always, take care.

Thank you so much for posting this thread, Captain Al.

I Agree With You Totally Mt.pockets

Al Just As Mt. Pocket Says We All Love You And Thank You For Being Such
A Wonderful Human Being.

I Brought You A Little Present, Don't Know If You Saw The Little Gift I Made For You On Your Brampton Walk I Left It On That Thread.

Now I Have A Little Something:

All The Love From Little Mairin Leslie To His Grandaddy.

Paty
Baja California, Mexico
Cals To Late Husband Jorge

Attachments

• ALandMairinLeslie.jpg
    ALandMairinLeslie.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Yes Yes Yes!

If it weren't for this, I'd be far more confused and nervous than I am! It's been such a gift to my mom and I. When she was able to use the computer, she used to come here all the time (though never posted). The fact that she was reading through a support group online speaks VOLUMES of the goodness of the people here (as a stoic Irish/Swede, seeking help and comfort isn't a regular part of life!). And I'm able to read about what I might expect with my mom's illness, not to mention the prayers and good karma floating out in the universe because of what Al started. Well Done You!

Kaija

Yes, thanks so much to all of you that make the board run so well!:mrgreen:

Al something I meant to say

Al I will e.mail you my gift to you (this is in a gif format) the hearts move, and when
I attached it to my post it turned out to be in jpg format.

Hi Cindy, David, Mt. Pockets, Icanmanz, Quadbliss (beautiful work) and of course everybody else that makes up these wonderful family.

Love

Paty
Baja California, México
Cals to late husband Jorge
DX 10/17/05
Died 12/30/07

Hi Paty! I just love it when our Cals keep coming back, and remain as one big family. Love you guys! It was not my intention to leave out the Pals. The reason: Our dear Pals, they remain on the board as long as our Father allows them to. Once they go Home to our Father, they are not forgotten. They still remain as family, and there is always a place in our hearts for them. Pals, I love you guys dearly, and am always praying for you guys. God bless each one of you! Paty, we love you, and Jorge is one of our Angels!

Irma

Hi Icanmanz

Hi Icanmanz (I believe your name is Irma, am I right?)
Thank you for your words.

I cannot go away I think that I can be of help, with two yrs. six month's taking care of
Jorge, six month's of those which I spent living at the hospital, and having gone through so many things, (once when the ventilator, stopped working and I had to disconnect him from the ventilator and had to act rapidly to get hold of
the ambu (ambulatory respirator) (that my son had left there in case something came up) and connected it to his trach to get air manually to his lung through his tracheostomy tube
not all hospitals in México have a buzzer's to call nurses that work, so I had to leave him for seconds
and go to the room door and scream for help and rapidly went back to keep putting air
into his lungs, till the technician came and brought another ventilator.​

Another day I went to look for his treating Resident Doctor and when I got back to the
room Jorge was with his eyes wide open but had gone into a coma, he came out of it
a week later, two times this happenned, and when he awoke he asked what had happenned to him ( We communicated through an alphabet and looking at his eyes
I knew what he wanted to tell me; I could never finish writing what we went through.

I sure could write a book with experiences I had those six month's at the hospital.

Well if I can help any CAL and PAL with my experience I sure would like to do it.

I appreciate Al Pettite, Cindy, Capt. Al (Mt.Pockets) you Irma and so many others which I consider family.

God bless everyone on the Forums.

Love

Paty
Baja California, México
Cals to late husband Jorge (I still miss him a lot)
Dx. 10/17/05
Died 12/30/07

Thank you, Paty, for your wonderful post. I know you miss your dear husband, but he is with his Father, our Father. We will all meet again. Yes Paty, Irma is my name. Thanks for sharing your experinces with us, and may God bless you, and protect you.

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back