Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
KY
City
Madisonville
Hello, I'm a 27 year old male from Kentucky. I've been having some weirdness here lately that has gotten me really, really worried this could be ALS.

It started a week and a half ago when I thought I had passed a kidney stone (never felt it pass though) when I noticed that I started getting a weird twitching in my foot, then it started to my hands, like trembling not really twitching, I've got this all over my body now. I've also felt like i've been messing up on my words and having trouble swallowing sometimes (it comes and goes) and having to think for a moment before talking when I never had to before. Also, while I have no weakness, I've gotten cramps on my arms and my right hand has felt really cramped these past few days, as well as tightness on the forearm. I've thought this could be onset Parkinsons, but then I noticed my right hand, my ring finger isn't following the rest of my hand when I expand it. Just slightly, like it's wanting to go back to a resting pose and some days I notice it more going more the middle. I have no weakness (yet) I can move it fine, just got joint pain that comes and goes, just about everywhere. I'm a artist, so I do use my right hand a lot and only experienced pain there every once and a while from over use.

I went to the ER to check on what is the cause of the tremoring and twitching and they told me my blood work is fine, didn't show any muscle loss that was abnormal. Told me it was my kidneys were not filtering out lactic acid but I had no infection or blood in my urine. I was dehydrated though. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have high blood pressure.

I've read the warning signs of ALS but still some of this stuff is concerning me. I also feel for those who have this terrible disease, it's a awful thing for anyone to go through for both family and those inflicted, its just, this has just over taken my life ever since I looked up these symptoms. I don't want to make light of those dealing with this, it's just really affecting me and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm planning on seeing a neurologist about it once I get the insurance to, I'm just really worried at the current moment and the anxiety has been leaving me with panic attack after panic attack. I'm just looking for some hope to latch onto and rest my worried mind. I know it won't fully rest til I get diagnosed or told its not ALS, but I'm just looking for anything to help me at this time.

I thank you for reading.

I'm so sorry you are experiencing these things.
You really need to get a good primary doctor and describe all your symptoms and let them work out a diagnostic path for you.
It is nothing like ALS, not even a bit, but only a doctor can examine you and take this a step at a time.
If you won't rest until then, go see a doctor right now. Please don't think that because you haven't enough insurance it is ok to ask terminally ill people to be a doctor placeholder. Let us know once you have a full diagnosis and I wish you the very best as you work through this with professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back