Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
ES
State
BC
City
Barcelona
Hey guys first of all thank you for your time, I'll try to be brief.

For the past couple of months I've been having a few symptoms come out of the blue one after the other and I find myself asking if it could be ALS.

Past December I noticed I was going more often to pee , I went to the Dr and they ran blood and urine and found nothing wrong. I decided this was just they way my bladder worked now and moved on.

Then 3 months ago I start feeling pulsations in my stomach and stomach pain. This lasted about a month and then got a feces test that came back normal.

Then a month ago one of my arms "fell asleep" almost completely for a week. I could move it with mild discomfort and pain but it felt numb. With time this got slowly better and now only my pinky is asleep most of the time.

Also about a month ago I started feeling twitches in my left leg and public area, I thought nothing of them until my leg suddenly got cramped and a bit painful a day ago and now feels weird. Can't explain exactly but the upper inner tight feels like pressured and is uncomfortable to move.

Another thing I've been experience is a sort of fluid build up in my mouth as if my brain is forgetting to swallow my saliva and I experience some discomfort breathing but this two symptoms come and go.

I know all this things I should talk with a doctor but with covid being seen by a professional where I live is next to impossible and reading up some symptoms seem to point at early ALS.

Realistically I know this might all bee anxiety due to covid plus a lot less movement in the past few months, also due to covid, but I can't shake the feeling something is wrong. I know at my age is a very rare occurrence but my dad died of a rare dicease he got 10 years before the previous youngest patient in the world (yes that rare) so I know first hand is not impossible.

I appreciate any comments or knowledge you guys can share , thank you in advance.

I see no reason to think of ALS. I would be looking closely at your sleep positioning, hydration and diet, given the range of manifestations that you describe. If it's anything neurologic, something like MS or adult-onset muscular dystrophy is much more likely, but still not very likely compared to something non-neurologic, or nothing. You can record your sleep on your phone to see obvious things like are you trapped in your mattress, sleeping on your arm, snoring, etc. A nasal steroid is always worth trying if you're stuffy in the morning.

Even a video visit with a physician can help baseline your strength and narrow the possibilities, so I would suggest that you do that.

Again, not sure what you've read, but ALS doesn't appear in this picture.

Best,
Laurie

Hey, thanks a lot for the reply it really helps. I guess Google and health websites are really not the best since whenever I googled any of the symptoms (separately as they came) ALS was always given as a possible option that's why after the 4 different symptom saying that I got worried. I'll take your advice and monitor my sleep and positioning more carefully try to get a doctor's appointment as soon as possible.

Again thank you so much for the reply and the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back