Status
Not open for further replies.
the game

Thanks Mare! Me too!

On a postive note, I already noted it on my calendar for July 4! Will let you know for sure.

Patty:razz:

Thanks so much for this info, I'm hoping we get tickets to see the game in Cincinnati-my boys would be so excited, and my hubby turns 50 on the 2nd, so I'm also crossing fingers!
hugs,
brenda

HI Barry,
What no tickets to the Yankees game? Lou was a Yankee after all!

Jeff,
No I am not going to the festival, my son has testing for high-school, he is going to be a freshman next year..
Our you going? I think it sound's like fun. Take pictures if you go.. Same with you Mare.. I think every ALS patient and family who want's to go to the game should be granted tickets..Any Yankee fan's? those tickets should be a given..
The 19th is Gehrig's birthday.

Hi Lin;

Yeah, that is strange that the Yankees vs Toronto game at Yankee Stadium is not listed as it is listed on the Yankees website

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=nyy&m=7&y=2009

I just went to the request tickets page and the only one that is in the drop down list is the Pittsburg at Florida game. I hope that I didn't get everyone's hopes up for nothing. If I did I am sorry! :oops:

I'm going to the Phestival but not the game. Don't tell anyone but I'm not a huge baseball fan. I'm going to say thanks to the Phillies and hopefully give the people that go just to see the Phillies a glimpse of ALS. It's also the first time I get to try out my new van for any distance. I plan on getting lots of pictures.

Jeff, that is OK, you are deserving of a good day, and it is great you are giving them a glimpse of ALS, you are one great representitive, sure a informed, super advocate, and great family man, not to mention VETERAN....(thanks). I will be waiting for the pictures. Hope the van works great. Shane V. go the ALS award for MLB this year, another guy to sick on Dick's sporting goods. Have a great time friend.

Jeff-

"I'm not a huge baseball fan"- that's funny because my husband, in his explanation to people, says"... ALS, known as Lou Gehrig's disease- I don't even like baseball, so it must be a mistake!" haha, laugh, laugh

We will be attending a minor league baseball game on the 4th of July in Albany, NY. . My husband will go out to the mound with my two boys (5) and (7) and they will throw the first pitch. They are going to have all sorts of ALS awareness posted on the video monitors. Andrew will also be interviewed by the Times Union next week....we are both nervous...so much to say...here is our chance!

Kelly,
Oh wow, awesome.. Just be yourself, you guys wll be a awesome voice for als.. Thank you... that is so cool, the first pitch, what a memory, your boys will make you so proud. you are a super cals.. good luck with the interview, and again thank you:razz::razz::razz:

Hi Barry,
We were contacted by the ALS Assoc asking if we wanted to buy tickets ( at a low reduced price) but my husband doesn't think he could make the trip...it would be an all-day affair and he's not up to it. He is such a Yankee fan, I was surprised he didn't want to go. When he was born in 1951, he and his Mom had a very rare blood disease and he had to be completely transfused. The 1951 Yankees all came and gave blood for them. DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra....
Oh well, I digress.
Lin

Lin, Great story! It is not everyone who can say that "Joltin" Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, and Yogi Berra gave blood for them. You can digress anytime that you want, I don't mind. I am sorry that your husband is not up to going, is the game televised? Not the same as being there but it is something anyway!

Barry

Barry, yes the time is televised and we plan to watch every minute at home. As you said, not the same, but something. Nothing is the same now.....

Had a great time at the Phillies Phestival. I posted some pics under my profile which I also managed to bring back online last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see the game in Cincinnati Sat!

I think I will contact the ALS and MDA groups nearby to see if they have an electric scooter in their loan closets. If not, I will ask the pharmacy where I worked for 22 yrs if I can borrow one.

Reminds me of the days when our boys were little, we went somewhere and thought we had taken everything but the kitchen sink!:smile::smile:

now it's my turn!:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Oh yeah Jeff-pictures at the Phillies Phest were great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back