Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
MT
City
Big sky country
It's now almost impossible for me to insert a charging cord into the charging port of my iPad. I recently found these magnetic cables on Amazon, where you put a little charging tip into the charging port, which you just leave in the device. Then, you use the magnetic charging cord to connect to the magnet on the charging tip. You need very little dexterity or strength to connect or disconnect the cable. The set that I purchased came with three different kinds of charging tips, which would fit most hand held devices, and 4 cords. You can search on Amazon for "magnetic charging cables". I have attached a picture below.

Maybe everybody already knows about these, but I was ecstatic when I found them!

Be aware that if you were going to do data transfer using the cord, you need to make sure that the ones you get allow that. Some of them only do charging, but won't allow data transfer.
A6A17DB3-817C-4656-986C-EFB30867ED85.jpeg

I had to use a binder clip. This is way classier.

Ha, binder clip, I didn't think of that! These are pretty slick, though, and quite inexpensive. Should work for me for a while…

I almost got some of these two years ago. Ended up using a 90 degree USB c cord that I could push in OK and it would stay attached just strong enough that I could pull my phone back up out of the recliner when I would drop it. Can see them being handy for many, thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back