06/2013
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Yakima
Magnesium Citrate
I must have been deficient in magnesium. Last year, I stopped taking it because of stomach irritation. Recently I resumed it in the form of magnesium citrate.
Not only is it helping bowel function, my air hunger is gone and I am back to using the ventilator only at night, after starting intermittent daytime ventilator use two months ago.

Bruce

That's really interesting Bruce. Thank you for sharing your observation. Kate

Of note, reducing constipation and straining can help breathing and improve energy. Mg citrate is one of the more bioavailable forms.

I've always been a big advocate of magnesium. About 30 years ago a cardiologist suggested I start taking it for a benign heart arrhythmia that couldn't be ablated. It did help and it's a natural muscle relaxant.

Most people get too much calcium and not enough magnesium in their diets. My constipation goes away when I stop dairy but I love my Greek yogurt so I just take some extra magnesium. I mix up the kind I take. Right now I'm taking Taurate, Oxide, and Citrate.

Good going, Bruce. It is great to hear of a simple med can have a great effect. The simple med that helps me with sleep and spascisity (sp?) is Ad vilPM.

One interesting way I have found of supplementing magnesium is by using a Magnesium Oil spray that you apply to skin and it is absorbed that way. I use it on my PALS after the bath and I use it on myself when I have sore muscles. Applied under the arms it also works as a deodorant. I found it at my local Whole Foods but it can also be found on Amazon and other online sources.

My CALS tried the topical magnesium on me two years ago, and I found that my skin was sensitive to it. Good to think of this again and we'll see if I can tolerate it on my lower legs.

I just ordered the spray in the hope of helping sleep ( someone on FB said they had great results). I got an email from the seller. It had some recommendations. One was, if you have skin sensitivity, dilute it 1 to 1 with " distilled or purified water" FWIW

That's a good tip Nikki. It does make my skin itchy in some spots. A friend told me that she sprays it on her feet at night and then she puts socks on.

Nikki,
Just don't spray it on your legs after you shave them. I made that mistake ONCE. It actually makes my feet feel better. I spray it on my feet, massage it in, then put socks on.

Thanks Kim have you tried the flakes for soaking feet?

I have quite sensitive so I bought one that had aloe vera in it just in case, works really well but the cats like the taste so I follow up with a lavender body lotion to stop them licking it off my legs!

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back