Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
my earlier thread on this has closed since it's taken me so long to decide. Maybe a mod can link to it.

yesterday I decided it was best for my family to start hospice. My husband is realy struggling with this end stage, and I am hoping hospice support can help him get through this.

I get to keep taking nuedexta, their rt is very good, and the company renting the vibrating vest has agreed to supply it no charge. Really nothing about my care will change and I don't plan to check out anytime too soon, but we will be ready.

also, I was afraid my family members would not be able to the drugs needed to help with a more peaceful passing when I'm ready, which may come earlier for me than them. So all plans are in place and I can get on with enjoying today.

Hi Kay, I hope you get the comfort you deserve, peace for you and your family, and many good days ahead.

Glad to hear you have made a decision that you are at peace with, and I hope it helps both you and your husband, Kay.

Best,
Laurie

My shining star Kay, I hope hospice provide wonderful support as you and your family deserve. You are always an inspiration xxx

Kay,

Sounds like a very good care plan. I know one PALS who has been on hospice for nearly two years. He actually went off it to get a feeding tube, then back on it.

Hope your days ahead are filled with all things good.

Kay, my admiration for you continues to grow. I hope that this move lets you get on with lots and lots of living with fewer concerns.
Becky

Kay, may the removal of some of the stress from dealing with family and necessary medical decisions, along with the excellent support hospice provides, give you many worry free days where you can concentrate on and enjoy the things that are important to you and your family. Such a great and empowered decision. Glad you did it!

I always say: a good plan B is the best plan A.
Now that you decided upon hospice and access to a peaceful exit strategy, your enjoying today plan will surely be more relaxed.
I like how you tackle this.

i hope it helps your family, all my best kay

Sometimes I wish I be like Moses and just wander off...

So none of my love ones will suffer through this!

Kay, I know you put tons of thought into your decision. I am so happy you came to one that gives you peace, and hopefully your family peace as well. Enjoy every minute of everyday.

Hugs,

Sue

thank you forum family for all your continued support and input!
love you all.

Kay, as a relative newcomer to the forum I haven't come to know you as well as many here, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, as well as wishes that your decision allows some peace for you and your loved ones.
Best regards,
Bill

Azgirl, giving me strength! Love ya thanks

Chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back