jfrost

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello folks,
First, thank you all very much for your time. I'm certain you all have better things to do than to listen to me whine. But I appreciate that you are.

In June, I suddenly had an electrical buzz present throughout my entire body. Little tingle here and there that would only last a few seconds each.
On top of that, my legs felt different. Not necessarily weakness. Just different sensation.

In September, after seeing a Neurologist and getting a clean EEG/EMG, clean extensive blood work, and clean brain MRI scan, and a "benign parasthesis diagnosis, my primary doctor told me to try B12 and D. My tingles went away nearly as quickly as they came (not sure if from the supplements or just coincidence). But now I'm left with an ache pain in my legs and feel slightly weak in both. Especially pain/ache in my right leg and pain in right side heel as soon as I stand on it in the morning; feels as if I've been standing on it all day. I "can" stand all day long, but because of the pain/fatigue/discomfort I want to sit fairly often.

On top of that, I get a lot of muscle twitches in my right foot, like most of the day and most notable at night when I lay down. Not enough to hurt, just a visible popping up of the skin in various places that last random lengths. Occasional twitches else where (opposite leg, upper arms), but mainly in my right foot and some in the right thigh/calf.

Lastly, got ache feeling in my hips and back along the spine that also goes out to the traps/shoulders... Also mostly unnoticeable when I lay down.

No muscle failure of any kind. Just fatigue weakness feeling mostly in the legs, and to less extent, the back. Ache pain is rarely bad enough in the legs to take Tylenol.
No balamce issues.
No family history of anything.

Probably stressed out for nothing. Just wanted an opinion if anyone felt up for it as it's been going on so long an doc didn't seem to know.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
Thank you all very much for your time.

It sounds more sensory, and ALS is a motor neuron issue. It wouldn't do you any harm to revisit with a doctor to see if they have some further treatment options for your pain, buzzing and tingling. Pretty compelling evidence there's a nutritional component, given that your tingling went away when you took additional vit B12/D. Perhaps check in with your doc to let them know how things are going and ask for some more options for sorting out the pain and other sensory issues.

Take care

I very much appreciate the reply. Thanks!

I would ask about a spine MRI if your symptoms persist and especially if they worsen. But I agree that there seems no worry about ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back