Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tallahassee
My wife and I are in mourning over the passing this week of Lyn Kittle, a fellow Tallahassee pALS. Her daughters and our daughter went to the same charter school, so we go back many years. We had lost touch until I saw some posts from her on this forum as she was going through her 2015 diagnosis process, and a local news piece in 2018 describing her and her wonderful husband Anthony’s travels and adventures since her diagnosis.

I reached out to Lyn after my diagnosis in 2019, and she was beyond kind. Lyn had slow progression to that point, having only lost the use of her right arm. She invited us for dinner (Anthony was Italian and a wonderful cook) and their advice has never been forgotten. I saw that it was possible to still find joy in life post-diagnosis, and my family and I have tried to embrace that perspective ever since.

She was a remarkable, brilliant, caring person, and my family will miss her terribly. Here is the last part of Lyn’s obituary:

“Lyn loved science, politics, African violets, and a decent Pinot Grigio. Her favorite book (not the movie) was "Cold Mountain" by Charles Frazier. She hated cold weather, raw onions, and willful ignorance. She would urge you to: vote with a progressive heart and a practical mind for the best candidates who are actually electable; keep your passport current and use it; don't overwater the violets; raise a toast to the first law of thermodynamics; keep calm and carry on.” RIP Lyn.

Kevin

Sorry for the loss of your friend

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you. ❤

Thanks very much. Hard to write through the tears of sorrow and relief.

I'm saddened to hear this news Kevin. Thank you for sharing the beautiful tribute to your dear friend Lyn. She was clearly a special woman. i'm glad you were able to reconnect, even if it was for far too short of time. Wishing you peace. Wishing Anthony peace...Jon

She sounds like quite a person, Kevin. Thank you for letting us know.

Thanks all. Tillie would have loved talking with Lyn. Australia was her favorite country and she visited six times.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
You said she was a member here, do you recall her user name? Every loss is so hard to accept as this disease marches on 💚💚

Yes, it was Lynk. I think she really only posted for several months in 2015 as she was going through the diagnosis process.

So sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounds like a spectacular person. 💕

I found her and I remember her Kevin! She truly was a lovely soul, and sad loss for the world 💚

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back