Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
IA
City
Cedar Rapids
After much reading on here, I made some calls. The home medical company that ordered my pwc can order InvaCare. I wanted Span America UltraMax. I found a mobility company that can do the UltraMax but he worries that using my bed/mattress purchase on my insurance will affect their willingness to pay for alternating air mattress later.
I was looking at the UltaMax for breathability and support. Wouldn't an alternating air overlay be sufficient later or will I regret it?
Currently I have an Invacare with standard mattress from lending library. It's horrific. I've never had a mattress I disliked but this mattress isn't in good condition and I'm sleeping horribly.

Currently I am not in bed at all during the day. I'm in my chair - the most comfortable place. I can rotate to my left on my own with effort but not to the right.
Suggestions? Considerations? Private insurance if it matters - BCBS and out of pocket is met.

You may not need an alternating air overlay, let alone a low air loss mattress, later; many PALS don't. If it will be a hardship to pay cash for the UltraMax, I see no reason not to use the insurance. But since HME is generally jacked up when you use insurance, I would also do a comparison to see if paying cash for it on/off line would be cheaper up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back