• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Lost my Sharon.....😪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis, real sorry for your loss. Glad she is flying free. Peace to you and your family.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Dennis. Your lovely wife is now free of "The Beast".

Thank you all ❤

This may sound like a trite post, but I am sharing very personal information to qualify what I want to say to you. I am an only child whose father left when I was two. I married at 19 May 1980 to the love of my eternity. I was 4-months pregnant for our first child May 1981 Mothers day, when I went to pick her up for our annual brunch. She had been gone for just a little while (silly thing but her coffee cup was on the table and it was still warm. ) when I found her. My Dad fought pancreatic cancer 14 years later. I was on the phone every night (I lived 1500 miles away, and had 3 sons ) the last month I left my family to be with my Dad, I was holding his hand August 8th when he died. There wasn't any thing or one who could of prepared me for January 13,2001, My love, my friend, my partner, my husband went out to our garage to check on a breaker and died of a massive aneurysm. ALS albeit nasty, is just our way of dying. The time you had to comfort each other, to relive memories, sharing secret glances that only the two of you knew what meant. Holding hands, laughter,. All that you gave her in all the time you were together, good, bad, or indifferent, you were honorable, loyal, trustworthy, loving, you were her hero and I know this hurt. It's a choking darkness that exhausts you. Take some solace knowing you were worthy of someone as wonderful as Sharon, of her love, her smile of the fact that she chose you. Take care.

Dee Dee thank you for your words. So kind of you.

May the painful memories e fade way and only the loving, comforting ones of your happy times together remain. You were blessed to have each other. I'm so very sorry for your loss. B,
1577464463002.jpeg

So very sorry. Hallelujah, she is free!

She died at a hospice house Thursday night. I'm so sad and mad at ALS. She had dropped a lot of weight and stopped eating/drinking day before Thanksgiving. She lived 8 days. Diagnosed 1/19.
Beyond heartbroken.
Dennis
My Mom (Also named Sharon) is going downhill rapidly since her diagnosis earlier this year, I'm tearing up as I type this, knowing that I will too soon share your pain... This disease is so cruel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back