• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Lost my loved one and first attempts at moving on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regina, sorry for your loss. This illness requires courage from both PALS and CALS, and you were both very brave. May you remember the good. Peace to you.

V

Regina, I am so very sorry for your loss of your partner. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

We are sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathy and condolences

Regina, I so understand. My late husband also had no desire to extend his life. I think to be a CALS in that situation is in some ways easier and in others harder than being with those PALS who chose to use all or most measures. Like you, I chose to live only his wishes. May you find peace and comfort in the gift you gave him and in happier memories as time moves forward.

I don't like these situations in which I find myself both happy and sad. For me, they are difficult emotions to combine. Given that, I accept the circumstance that makes such opposites so appropriately right when together... as now. My very best goes with you, Regina. May you find strength in knowing how awesome you were as a caregiver, friend and loving partner.

Jim

im so sorry for your loss . my father died just a week ago , i loved him but we have no choise . please keep your self together

I want to thank everyone who has posted here. Every single message warmed my heart.

A beautiful eulogy to your husband and the way you took together. I'm very sorry you had to lose him. He sounds like a great guy.
Let me assure you that having been there in the best and worst of times often makes it weirdly okay.
Enjoy the new freedom whenever you can, sleep will follow, when your body learns that it won't be interrupted. Grief has a way of finding you, so no need to pursue. He won't be gone from your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back