Diagnosis
05/2021
Country
US
State
WI
City
Rhinelander
My husband Roy passed away at home under hospice care after a botched PEG tube replàcement required emergency surgery. The PEG was placed outside the stomach causing him great pain.He aspirated and developed sepsis. He did not have enough strength to fight off such a trauma. We brought him home to be with his family. I will never know how much time I may have had with him and my anger burns like a permanent flame.

I am so sorry. It is hard enough to lose a PALS without its being potentially preventable in the moment. I hope that in time you will find solace in what you had with Roy and what you did for him, even as you hold accountable anyone who should be. We could all see that you were a conscientious CALS, and I know he saw that too, but most of all, the wife he loved.

Best,
Laurie

Oh I am so very sorry, I can't even imagine what you are feeling in this situation.

I am so sorry

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing in this manner. I can understand your anger. I hope you will be able to find comfort and peace in the care you gave to him.

I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathy to you.

Condolences on your loss. Seems your anger is justified.

Ed

Wow - I’m heartbroken and angry for you as well. As we get closer to needing a PEG for my husband, I can’t even imagine the pain and heartbreak you are feeling. My prayers for strength, comfort, and someday, forgiveness are with you.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, especially under such heart breaking circumstances. As others have said, I hope you will eventually find comfort in knowing you did everything possible for him.

I am so very sorry about his passing and the circumstances. I hope at some point you can find peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back