Diagnosis
05/2020
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Hi folks. My beloved husband, Roger, lost his battle with ALS on May 10th. He was cremated on May 14th, which was the ONE YEAR anniversary of receiving the diagnosis. This disease is just about the worst thing I can imagine. And I'm still in a bit of disbelief that he's gone. I'm exhausted--body, mind, and spirit--in a way I have never been tired before. I think that's from the grief, and the stress and toll of the caregiving.

Hi Lindy,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. The silver lining with this beast and passing from it, is that our loved one is no longer in pain and trapped in a body that does not work. My condolences and I send you hugs.

Oh Lindy I'm so sorry for your loss. My Chris was rapid progression too, it's truly draining as you just seem to be running and then bam you stop but you can't stop.
Please do listen to your body and spirit as you find the way you need to grieve.

I'm so sorry, Lindy. He was fortunate to have you at his side for that year, and I know you did everything you could for him.

Best,
Laurie

I am so sorry Lindy. You must be exhausted. My sympathy for you and your family.

Lindy - My thoughts are with you. I couldn't have imagined anything harder than being the caregiver that I was. But dealing with the loss of a loved one, is right up there. It is time to be good to yourself. It does get easier with time. And we're all here if you need someone to talk to... either in one of the threads or in private messages. Know that you are not alone.

My best...

Jim

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lindy. Being a CALS is exhausting, and so is grieving. Wishing you peace and rest.

V

Sorry for your loss, Lindy. Please try to be kind to youself.

so sorry Lindy. my prayers are with you and your loved ones.

My condolences, Lindy. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Lindy, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lindy, my heart goes out to you. Jim said it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back