Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
MO
City
Springfield
I’ve been delaying writing this post, as with many tasks at this time, because it seems like additional evidence of finality. On February 16, I lost Nova, the light and love of my life, my best friend, and wife of 52 years. She passed peacefully with our daughter and I at her side. Our son and grandkids had visited and kissed her only an hour or so earlier. She had begun to experience symptoms 5 years ago and had been diagnosed in May 2016.

After a 40-year career, Nova retired from teaching in 2012, but she never truly stopped teaching. Even as she was losing voice and energy, she would reprove me with reminders to “teach” when I was demonstrating some task in front of another caregiver without explaining what I was doing. She was so proud this last Christmas when I surprised her with a scholarship I established in her name at the high school she so loved and from which she had retired.

In my limited understanding of astronomy, when a massive star comes to the end of its life, it creates a superNova which subsequently leaves a black hole. This astronomical sequence was played out in our family in February. Our bright star imploded, and the our galaxy was left with a black hole that consumes all light and energy. Fortunately for me the other stars in our galaxy have all stepped up and shined a little brighter and added more light and warmth to keep me from being completely consumed by the black hole. Please keep our galaxy in your prayers.
Dave
3603AEFA-0E14-4279-AAF0-2ED6356CBFB8.jpeg

Last edited:
I am very sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have you. Sending prayers

I am so very sorry. Wishing you peace.

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful lady! She was lucky to have you and your family. Wishing you peace.

I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful wife. I lost my PALS also last month. Wishing you comfort and peace.

Sharon

I'm so sorry for your loss of this wonderful woman and life partner.

Thank you, Sharon. I am sorry for your loss also. I know the pain you are experiencing and wish you comfort in adjusting to the new challenges.
Dave

Dave, so sorry for the loss of your Nova. The photo you posted shows the love you have for her. May you both be at peace.

V

I'm so very sorry for your loss

Dave, such a beautiful message. may God show you the enumerable stars in your galaxy.

Dave, sincere regrets for your loss, and wishing you comfort. Thanks for sharing the picture - it's great.

Best regards,
Bill

Sending thoughts and prayers for those special memories to lift you up and bring you peace.
Tammy

So sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful picture.

So sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear about Nova, Dave. The love and so much else she taught you can never die.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back