Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Sun Valley
About a year and a half ago my father was diagnosed with ALS. At the time I had no idea what ALS was so i read up on it and I was shocked to learn about what this horrible disease was all about and I could'nt believe that my dad had it. His speach was the first thing to go and it really sucked not to be able to have a normal conversation with him. No one deserves to suffer like the way PALS do. I hope that one day a cure will be found. On October 17, 2007 my Dad passed away. I'm still in a state of disbelief and I'm going to miss him so much.

I am so sorry that you have lost your father. The pain of grief can be immense, especially now when the numbness wears away. Be kind to yourself. You are in my thoughts tonight. Holly

I'm very sorry you lost your Dad. I hope you find the comfort you need from family and friends. Hopefully a cure is around the corner.

Hello Tryitonmeh, I am sorry you lost your Dad to this awful disease. These next few weeks will be difficult so please feel free to visit and discuss anything that is on your mind. We are here for you. Cindy

Hi Tryitonmeh, I am so sorry you lost your dad to this terrible disease. Please know that you are not alone. I too lost my mom on Sept 21. She too was diagnosed about 1 1/2 years ago and like your dad the first thing to go was her speach. Als has to be the worst disease. There is just no hope, only the hope that one day they will find a cure. Unfortunately it will be too late for your dad and my mom.

Keep strong.That is what I tell myself every day. Anne

I am sorry you have lost your dad. I see you are a new member. Were any of your relatives a member here? Perhaps when you are up to it you could drop in and share some of the things you learned while your family was dealing with this terrible illness. Thanks
AL.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. I just lost my mother to ALS October 23rd - it just doesn't seem real yet.

My condolences to you and your family, Try. I am so sorry I am just now replying, but I was having computer issues for 2 or 3 days! Your dad is in heaven, bless his heart. He is singing with the angels. Als is a terrible disease. It made me cry like a baby when I heard my son had it. My heart is still broken.

Irma

Thanx

I just wanted to thank all of you who replied. It helps to know that I'm not alone and there are people out there who totally understand the pain. I think the most important thing I and my family learned from this, is that life is very short & to appriciate eachother a lot more. Everything still seems unreal to me and I miss him so much. I'm sure this is just the beginning though.

We will be with you wvery step of the way. Visit whenever you need. cordially, Cindy

God bless you Tryitonmeh,
My prayers are for you and I hope that you will feel God's grace and presence now.
I hope the good memories you have of your dad help get you through the rough times.
Nicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back