Diagnosis
6/2008
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Vandergrift
On November 20th, 2008 I lost my Mom. She was as beautiful in life as she was in death. I would like to share with you all the last two weeks of her life.

She went into the hospital for her upper respitory. She wasn,t in there a week and they put a feeding tube in. She ended up in the ICU not totally sure why. After two day they transfered her to a long term accute care facillity - BIG MISTAKE! They treated her as if she was not there. I fought for several days to get her transfered and her insurance said no. So, I raised cane with all the doctors to get her out. Finally - they releasted her to hopice. She came home on Tuesday the 18th. That night I slept by her side. And the following day she said to me. I am ready. I love you with all of my heart. And I Will be watching over you! Now - I know you don't understand why I am writing this but here also was her life.

Married at 18 had me her daughter at 20 divorced at 26 worked many different jobs, and landed in a steel mill. Never remarried. Put herself through colledge for 4 years and graduated at 50. With a bachlors from Duquesne University. And has the Golden key reward for being on the deans list straight through. and Now passed away at 56.

Thank you for reading this this is to my Mom Karen, I LOVE YOU!

Amy

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you must of had a hard time the last month. She died on the same day we buried my brother. Glad she had you there to fight for her.

Thank You So Much!
And I am sorry about your brother also!

So sorry for your loss Amy.

AL.

Sorry for your loss

Your Mom sounds like a wonderful person. She must have been, to raise a daughter like you, who shows so much love for her. May God bless you.
This has been an unusual time of the year for many on the forum. My wife's family lost three members in December. Two Uncles, and one Aunt. I know it is nothing like losing a mom, dad, son, daughter, wife, or husband. It just seems these days are very trying for all.

May the peace of God be with each and every one of you.

Thank You

It is so nice of all of you to reply. You are all such wonderful people out there. And You all understand what this all means to each and everyone.

Again Thanks,
Amy

Amy, I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom sounds like a truly wonderful and admirable woman. Her accomplishments and her independence are to be admired. It must be difficult to say good-bye and I offer you my deepest sympathies. She was lucky to have you by her side! May you find strength during this time.

Amy

My thoughts for you and your Mum are sent with kind wishes - you sound like a loving and giving person.

Kind regards

Flowerpot

Amy. I am sorry for your loss. Your mum sounds like she was a wonderful person -- a real fighter that overcame a lot of difficulties in her life. May you be comforted by the fact she is now free. god bless.

Amy, I am sorry you lost your mother, but you have gained her insight it seems.

Just remember her as the strong parent she was to have raised you to be the woman you are!

I am so sorry you no longer have her by your side. She is always going to be there for you in spirit.

Thank you

You are all so wonderful and you will all be in my prayer. And I will come back time to time to say "Hi".

Love, Amy

No one loves you like your Mom.

Amy,
I am so sorry about your Mom. I lost my mom (ALS) in September.

The hardest thing about the lost is you know no one loved you like your Mom.

May that give you warmth in you heart to know you were love so much.

After my mom died that day and they took her away, and all had calmed down, I went out in the middle of a field holding her rosary, I had taken from her hand and cried, ....alot. I figure you cry an icecream bucket of tears. I had it half full before she died. So I was half done.

Then, I stood up and watched the evening sun, wiped my tears again. I knew mom would have been OK with me crying to get it out of my system. Then I felt relief for me because I had done that. I felt relief for her. the exhausting journe was over. I could feel her strength, I embrace the wonderful life she had. All the good she gave. I am so proud of her and I know she is of me. I remember every thing about her. It makes me feel good.

Some days I feel sorry for my self for a while, but I am allowed. Life goes on for me and I smile when I think of my mom, it's good thou, because I know no one loved me like my Mom.

Amy, I am sorry,
And congratulation on your galant fight against ALS, and the system for your Mom.
And no one will ever love you like you Mom did. Lucky you. :)

Hugs
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back