Diagnosis
05/2006
Country
US
State
Ms
City
Gulfport
I woke up last night sleeping on my back and could not feel my right arm from the shoulder all the way down. I tried to move it and it would do nothing. I picked my right arm up with my left arm and laid it on my belly trying to see if it had just gone to sleep or whatever. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had. The arm wasn't asleep, just like it no longer was there. Kind of gave me an idea of what it might be like down the road.
After rubbing it for over an hour I very slowly began to get feeling and movement back in it. I can't figure out if it was nerve related, or just what, but another new symptom to think about I guess. As I type this it's about 5 hours later and the only residual effect I see is a lot of swelling in the hand.
It got me to thinking how much I rely on my right arm to lift, move, and do so many things. It's like losing a close friend to consider that this may happen for good sometime in the future. I'm thankful that the use of my arm did return.
I have so much to be thankful for and just take it for granted most of the time.

God Bless
Capt. AL

Hey Capt. AL, was the arm warm or discolored. Did you notice any speech differences at all?
AL.

My arms don't work hardly at all

Hi Al,
I hardly have the use of my arms at all. At night both my arms and my legs feel like lead. There is no way I could lift them. But there's never any numbness. Sensories are always there. I would worry a little bit about a circulatory problem Al. Numbness and immobility would indicate that both the sensory and motor neurons are affected. Poor circulation in your arm could deaden both nerves. And being at your hand was swollen. Makes me wonder. A blood clot? I'd go to my doctor and check it out.
Doug

That's what I was thinking Doug. AL.

The whole arm was very cold to the touch, but had absolutely no feeling, as if someone had cut it off. First time I have ever had something like that happen.

My speech was a little different, as I was rather loudly trying to tell my wife what was happening and she did not want to leave her computer game to come over and see what was going on. But didn't notice any slurring or anything like that.

The blood clot is something I had not thought of, I just considered it was a nerve thing, but by effecting both motor and sensory.....Makes me wonder.

Can't loose my arm, be like a one armed paper hanger trying to go fishing.

God Bless
Capt AL
:)

And then how would you open your beer while trying to pee. LOL . Hope it's better now. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back