Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
One of the worst things about being slow progressing is all the friends I have lost. And actually because I am FALS it started before I was diagnosed. So many good people gone too soon.

I was wondering what you all think of this? A virtual period ( perhaps an hour) of silence to honor each loss. No posting. I would try to be online as much as possible to enforce it by putting any stray posts into temporary mod. I belong to a facebook group ( not ALS) that does this on days of significance ( like9/11)

Nikki, that sounds like an excellent idea. Might want to check with David to see if there is a way to put a temporary message on the main landing page or the Forum landing page where you could define the time period for the silence and who it is honoring.

that is a beautiful idea Nikki

With each loss, I shed tears and remember those who have gone, before. My time here and memory begins with Max... yet there have been so many since. And for a number of them, I was able to form friendships that moved beyond these forum halls... making those losses more significant. I can't imagine how much more powerful this is for you, Nikki... and for so many others.

I so very much like this idea.

My best...

Jim

Thank you for feedback

here is the plan
we will designate 2-3 pm eastern US time as the memorial hour. It seems like most of our members will be awake then ( Sorry Tillie!)
it will be announced the day before and at least 24 hours in advance.

PALS I hope you can arrange for someone to let us know also anything posted in the In Memoriam thread will lead to a scheduled event.

once we have agreed to a plan we will have our first memorial hour for all those who have gone before

comments welcome

Yeah I'm often here at that time.

The first memorial went well. Two posts by longtime members who I think were confused by timezone. Going forward any event will be posted in general and in cihals at least 24 hours ahead on the previous day and again immediately before it commences. it will always start at 2 pm Eastern US time. So EDT or EST whichever is in force. Note we fall back here November 7

yep I messed up because of how I come in looking for what's new I think

kicked myself a good one, sorry Nikki!

I would love to see a banner, just one across the top, rather than you having to post in all the forums.

Thank you for doing this however as it is a beautiful concept, and hopefully we get better at it. It is difficult across time zones - I always come in around that time of the day, which is just after 5am for me.

How beautiful that it was the anniversary of losing Darcy, that meshed in to something extra special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back