Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check your messages look in the upper right hand corner of the page and you will see a notification I sent you with an explanation

Thanks for replying Nikki. Any thoughts on my questions that I posed in my last post? I am seeking any additional input or thoughts. I know that it is no substitute for the doctor, but I do know that those on this site are certainly knowledgeable in this and would be able to lend some insight for me. I really appreciate any thoughts you could possibly share or anyone else that can share.

Kim

It doesn’t sound like my experience, that of my family or others I know / have known with ALS.

The allover symptoms, coupled with an apparently unremarkable clinical exam and your description of what you see and feel do not seem familiar to me. None of us can see you of course

There are many strange neurological conditions and of course other non neurological ones. The EMG is very soon. Once they have that information and a swallow test they can give you the next steps. Maybe you will have an answer

It is hard not to know but you are in good hands at Mayo and, as I told you before, they will send you to whatever doctor or doctors are best suited

Please also review the important post read before posting. Among other things there are posting rules which you either did not read or forgot

Thanks so much Nikki. I will check back in to report following my appointments on Tuesday. They have me set up with all on Tuesday to include EMG, swallow study, speech followup and then end with a follow up with my doctor. I should know the results at the end of the day. One good thing about the Mayo.

Hard to remain positive and hopeful when living in this constantly twitching body and ongoing and new symptoms presenting daily it seems. Hoping most of it is stress and anxiety related. But getting hard to keep find some other associated cause.

Again, thank you for your follow up!

Kim

Kim,
I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that Wednesday will go well. Drive safely.

Also, for what it's worth, I had very localized fasciculations (started on the bottom of my left foot) and they spread very systematically. First to left calf, then to right foot/calf, etc. I was two years in before I had widespread twitches. My first clue was falling on a run. Then, six months later, my feet started cramping while swimming laps and that's when I noticed the fasciculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back