Loss of muscle mass, Fasciculations and a scalloped tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legato99

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
All started in september. Noticed right leg calf visibly smaller than the left. Then starting losing muscle in the left leg and fasciculations started all over. Then had a pressing feeling in the tongue for a few days, now its been scalloped ever since. No fasics on the tongue tho. (Doctor examined) Lost muscle around the neck, it was much fuller and tighter now seems empty and loose. Muscle strenght and reflexes tested normal by doctor. Could this be a strange presentation of ALS? I'm a 20 year old guy, have a Brain MRI scheduled for dec 15 and follow up appointment on neuro for dec 27. He didn't recommend an EMG/NCS

Please read this if you have not already done so:

Nothing you posted sounds anything like ALS. With normal strength and reflexes, there’s no reason to even considerALS as a possibility. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Scalloping of the tongue means nothing. No need for you to be worried about ALS. Please work with your doctor to address your concerns.

Please read this if you have not already done so:

Nothing you posted sounds anything like ALS. With normal strength and reflexes, there’s no reason to even considerALS as a possibility. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. Scalloping of the tongue means nothing. No need for you to be worried about ALS. Please work with your doctor to address your concerns.
Thank You KarenNWendyn. I think the fact that he didn't even bother to order an EMG is reassuring isn't it? Should i post the results of the follow up appointment and the Brain MRI on dec 27? Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back