Not open for further replies.

hkohlman

Country
US
State
Montana
City
Billings
Hi everyone it has been 6 months now since my dad past away of ALS. We all are doing ok. My daughter has a birthday tomorrow. She will be 12. Tonight she broke down because she thought of the idea of celebrating for the first time without her grandpa around. Her birthday is just the start of the fall/winter holidays and birthdays. I am wondering what christmas will bring. Not to mention Easter weekend in April. OMG why am I looking so far ahead now. When dad was sick I tried to live day by day! Does anyone else feel this way.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. Oh guess what Billings Montana has apx 30 inches of snow on the ground in October. We went from summer to winter in a few days. I hope nobody else is experiencing this. Thanks for letting me babble along. I needed to vent somehow tonight. This is the only place I could think of.

Take care,
Heather

Heather,
I know that this must be hard for her. I too have a 12 year old daughter that is very close to her aunt that has recently been told about that she has ALS. My daughter didn't understand and when she came out of her bedroom after looking it up on her computer, she was just devastated. Trying to remain hopeful in that conversation (since I really don't understand what we are up against) was super hard. Your post made me realize that I also have others to take care of now and later...I too am just living day to day, trying to help my SIL with all tests, advice, doctors, etc., and gathering information so much that I feel that I'm on overload. I have been on this website about 10 times since I found it last night just reading and reading and you made take a deep breath and think (which I haven't been doing). I thank you and truly hope that your daughter does have a happy birthday and finds out someday that even though her grandfather is gone and she misses him so much, that this was the birthday that she received one of the most important gifts-her guardian angel. I wish you nothing but the best that you can receive each day. God Bless. Tanya

Heather! So good to hear from you! Twelve is a tough age, anyway, as hormones and such keep a youngster's emotions in an uproar. Good thing she has you to steer her through.

Come back and visit anytime! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back