00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Ny
Hello,
I just signed up today after searching daily for symptoms that mirrored mine. To make a long story short, it started 01/2/21 with numbness in my right thigh and calf, followed by interrupted sleep onset and lightheaded feelings. This progressed into 24/7 twitching in both of my calves which is relentless. I believe I experienced a panic attack in mid January that sent me to the ER with rapid heart rate and dizziness. The ER Drs. Completed a MRI of the Brain, Neck, heart and chest and all was normal. I have seen a chiropractor who said it could be the sacral joint and was also referred to a neurologist which has furthered my Anxiety and fear to new lengths.

During the neurologist visit she asked me to perform many strength tests including walking on my toes and heels which I did fine, however I still suffer from the calf twitches and sleep issues which I immediately jolt up once entering sleep.

I am not experiencing any weakness in my legs or significant cramping but am crippled with fear. Please help!!!!

Not sure what the "sacral joint" is supposed to be, but a chiro is probably not your best bet right now. You have not named any symptoms of ALS. I am sure the neuro will be reassuring (make sure s/he is a real neurologist, not a "chiropractic neurologist)." To follow up whatever what made you panic and is feeding your fear, I would suggest consulting a counselor that your primary care physician, with whom you should be in touch anyway, can recommend.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Laurie, I have been though a lot of stress lately and was concerned with the muscle twitches in my both my calf’s. One more question if you don’t mind.

I believe I have manifested another symptom this evening, I have a tightening in my throat, however I can still swallow, drink and speak without a problem. I have no problem with facial expressions and my tongue is fine. Coupled with my excessive calf twitching and sleep issues I find myself concerned.

Thanks again, the fact that a reply was delivered at 3:10am in the morning is not only appreciated it’s astonishingly selfless, it’s also reassuring to all of those who worry about their health.

A tight throat is most often anxiety, dry air, and/or dehydration. You're concerned about your other issues and it is not at all surprising if that manifests in your throat. Try a sugar free cough drop, juice or a smoothie, etc. You could also have a sore throat from a virus, allergies, a cold, etc. It's the time of year to make sure your furnace filters are clean, and consider a humidifier if yours is low, esp. while sleeping.

If you have sleep apnea or just snore, a possibility from what you've said, that dries your throat out as well. You can record your sleep on your phone to see how your breathing sounds and movement looks. There are also sleep apps. Your PCP can order a sleep study if needed. Lack of refreshing sleep can cause everything on your list.

Keep in mind that "symptoms" don't have to be connected, or hang together in any sinister picture. Imagine that you're thirsty and your throat is dry, your knee is sore from how you're sitting on the couch, your elbow is bruised from tripping over your dog, etc. Do you think all those things comprise one illness?

Sometimes we can't even attribute everything to an obvious cause. That's worrisome for some people, but it's a fact of life. If testing and exams don't turn anything up, you either deal or get help. Either way, the good news is that there is another path than the one you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back