Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Danville
I am still speaking but softly and I slur such that people can often not understand me. I use an amplifier.

I should have started earlier recording my voice but did not...so...no time like the present.

Anyone have recommendations of where to start - it seems daunting. Plus I use a Macintosh - but I can switch if I absolutely have to (she says with gritted teeth)

I have heard of Wav files, lite writer...? Is there a website that outlines all the options?

thanks

Barb

I have about 16 sheets of things recommended by the Assistive Devices Clinic that I go to. If you send your email address to [email protected] I could send them to you.
AL.

Barbara,

Don't know if your speech is at a point where this could be useful - voice banking:http://asel.udel.edu/speech/

Don't know if that's gonna post right. It is the U of Delaware.

CJ

Hi Barbara-I am sorry you are losing the ability to speak. How frustrating!:-( And i hope you get to keep the mac. It would be like adding insult to injury!:-( Cindy

I would highly reccommend voice banking. I wish I could hear my dad say I love you again in his own voice. Sometimes I call his cell phone just to hear his voice on the message. He no longer uses the cell phone obviously, but we still have it and I occassionally give it a call. I also like to watch old home videos where my dad was healthy and talking. It's good to look back sometimes. Anyways, definitely do the voice banking. I don't think you will regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back