Reason
Other
Country
US
State
fl
City
orlando
My name is Danny, I'm 19 years old at the University of Central Florida in Orlando and I am on a mission to spread awareness of ALS. I've spent the past 6 months attempting to reach out to the students of UCF in hopes to spread awareness, and by doing so we are hosting an all day Country Music Festival at the UCF campus on Saturday St. Patrick's Day March 17th.

I first became aware of ALS in high school after I saw the path my best friend Josh's body took from Muscular Dystrophy. I was determined to learn more about MD and starting coming across links in reference to Lou Gehrig's Disease. After hearing firsthand from patients and families about their ALS experiences, I was speechless. Some of the people I've met along the way have been incredibly inspiring in addition to many being fearless.

Myself along with the gentlemen of Phi Delta Theta Fraternity (UCF) would like to welcome all patients and families to our event. Admission is FREE for any patients and family members that want to join us in Orlando, Fl 1:00 pm to help spread awareness.

If anyone is interested in sharing your ALS story with us through the event please PM me.

kmendsley

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
******Like!*******

notgivnup

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
OS
State
Darkside of Moon
City
country
Thank you Danny., if only there were more selfless people like you I think the world would be a better place to live in. {{HUGS}}

cindycindykb

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
LA
City
Franklinton
Thank you Danny!
Blessings,
Cindy

momap53

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
EGA
May God bless you and your fraternity

vzandt

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
N.H.
City
Noneknown
awww. Thats really nice. Thank you

Alyoop

Very helpful member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Danny, you rock , mate ( think New Zealand accent)!

Ms. Pie

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
CO
City
Colorado
What a wonderful giving person you are. I thank you for your help. We surly need it!

kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
Thanks Danny, if this is what you get up to at 19 I'd love to see what you're doing when you're 30. Good on ya mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.