Reason
Loved one DX
Country
KE
State
Kenya
City
Nairobi
I would like to purchase a Tobii i- series device for my dad to use so that he can communicate wand become more independent.

The last time we heard his voice was in December 2015, however we have not been able to afford to buy a commuication device because such products are not easily available or affordable in this part of the world. We are just so desparte to have him able to communicate again so he can tell is how he feels and what he wants.

For anyone who is willing to sell to me, I will work out all the transportation logistics. Please please please dont withold your offer on the bases of transport 😢

Maira,
Most people w/ ALS don't need eye gaze. Since you feel your dad cannot communicate and it will be pricey for you to acquire/transport the Tobii, I would do some searches of the Forums and make sure you have not missed some of the other options that many people can use, including a head mouse/iOS head control, foot mouse, tongue mouse, using a switch with any muscle he can twitch, etc. What are his current capabilities?

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Eye gaze is my last option. He can't move anything except his eyes and his head very slightly. And we have tried head mouse, it just doesn't work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back