Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
LO
City
LO
First of all, I would like to apologise for bothering the lovely people in this forum, I am more than grateful for all these beautiful people taking their time to answer everyone looking for some help.

I have not been diagnosed but I feel like here someone could be able to give me a guidance in the matter of what to do next.

Since December 2020, I started noticing some twitching in my legs, I was going through a very hard moment of anxiety and depression, went to the primary doctor for that and they told me that it was caused because of that, apart from it I had some myoclonus but very intermittent.

Since that last year until now I have been noticing this twitches in all of my body, they could go for some months and then come back after. Also, I’ve been noticing that my muscles are feeling tired every time that I have to do a repetitive task, they get tired significantly faster than before. I find myself doing self test every now and then to acknowledge how my overall strength is working, and when the matter is about applying a lot of strength, there is no problem. Also I know that sometimes I feel tingling both in my hands and feet

I would appreciate from the bottom of my heart some words of wisdom about all this, I’m wondering if the fact that I’m feeling this fatigue in all my muscles an not only in just one part of my body points in another direction form ALS.

I have the sticky post attached to my mind to get som peace of mind, but I’ve read a lot of really versed people on this forum here.

Thank you so much for your time.

I'm glad that you read the sticky note--please know that it was written by people in this forum who can only reiterate what it says. People with ALS don't feel weak. They just are. They think they are fine and, early on, they feel just fine--they just can't lift what they used to or they fall without expecting to. There is no tingling (I have neuropathy, and that does cause tingling. It also causes me to feel weak). I would suggest that you return to your doctor to discuss the tingling and your fatigue and let him/her take it from there. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your time, I’m deeply grateful, I’ve read here that symptoms in ALS do not disappear or get better, so if these fasciculations come and go, is it a good sign, right?

Yes, and as you say, widespread feelings of fatigue and tingling both point elsewhere than ALS.

Like you yourself and the girls said, it's all pointing away from ALS. Selftesting with applying a lot of strength is a great idea to reassure you.
So stick with the sticky in your head to keep the upper hand against the anxiety.
Depressions can make your whole body feel like lead while not letting your mind rest.

Good evening, thank you again for your time,

I just came back to my country after several months to have some medical appointments, and one neuro appointment on the 30 of this month, so previous of that, I would like to ask for some help in regard of on what should I focus.
I’m 22 male. I’ve been having fasciculations all
over my body since beginning of last year, started first in my leg, and then settled all over my body, and since November of last year i have been also experiencing some feeling of fatigue and weakness in legs and arms, and noticing some brisk refelexes in my legs, (dr Google is not helping) also I’ve noticed trembling in my legs when doing some sort of excercise or stretching, I’m also dealing with high levels of anxiety right now because of this.
These are all the symptoms that I’ve been experiencing this last year, so I will appreciate any thoughts on this list to express my concern about ALS or NMD to the neuro.

Again, thank you so much for taking your time to helping people, god bless you.

Read the sticky at the top of this subforum getting a diagnosis. Organize your symptoms in a concise and orderly timeline. Do not ask is this ALS as your primary question. Ask what is wrong with me? You can mention your fear but it absolutely should not be your main question. Depending on what they say you might want to ask if they even think it is a neurological problem. Let us know once you have an answer

Hello!
So, I had my PCP meeting yesterday, and they made me a really basic physical exam, (walking on toes and heels, strength in limbs and reflexes) and apparently everything was fine, apart from a severe anxiety. I still have those fasciculations running and now I feel them in my ears, which I want to ask if someone have experience them, it’s a bit confusing. However, I have my neuro app still on a couple of days because the doctor thinks that it could be reassuring. Thanks a lot for this great community that you have created, I would really like to donate in any way, but im
Not sure how to do it 😓

Great news!
thank you for wanting to donate. If you mean to the forum there is a donate button in the middle of the row near the top that has your user name at the top. If you mean you want to help the cause since ypu are in the UK you could donate to the MNDA or to the MND center at Oxford or Kings in London. Thank you

That exam gave you great news. Please remember that twitching means nothing, no matter how upsetting you find it when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back