Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
California
City
San Francisco
Hi, Firstly my heart goes out to all those of you with ALS and your families. I have deep gratitude for the participants of this forum.

This is the first time I’ve posted in a forum ever, but I am concerned and am looking for advice as to what is happening to me.

First some background, I’m 42 year old man. In the past ~six months I’ve lost 20 pounds. I didn’t really pay attention to this until other symptoms started to come up more recently, as I left my job about nine months ago and just assumed the weight loss was due to reduction in job stress. I’ve also noticed Intermittent discomfort from deep inside right ear, sometimes feeling like ear is full for the past ~1.5 year and occasional tingling in right pinky. I broke a right toe from tripping over raised door lip in Aug 2017 which also has since started tingling.

More recently about 1.5 months ago, I Joined gym / started lifting weights & CV exercises. About three weeks ago after a particularly stressful week, I began to notice an unusually Constant Dull/Pressure Headache in forehead. My Lip and Chin started twitching on right side of my face on and off. I started feeling foggy and having trouble thinking through plans, sometimes feeling like it takes an extra second to find the right word and/or mixing up words, stuttering. My right arm and leg started feeling heavy/clumsy to move and I had trouble tapping the correct keys on keyboard for a couple days. At this point I went to the ER as the symptoms above became noticeable to me over the course of just a week or so. I got a CT scan at the ER which didn’t show any sign of stroke or swelling and followed up with GP who ran lots of blood tests and didn’t find any issues and referred me to a nuerologist. ( my apt is in 2 weeks from now).

Since then new strange symptoms have arisen in past 2 weeks including trembling while moving right leg and arm, tremor in right hand when holding something, Forehead Muscle Stiffness / Tightness especially when I raise my eyebrows, especially on right side, Dull pain inside head on right side near ear (slightly above and behind) and sensation like something is crawling in head. Tingling/Buzzing feeling on right side of tongue, tooth pain on right side, Tingling in toes, pins and needles all over right arm and right foot and in Belly, intermittent blurred vision/eye pain.

Finally what has brought me here is I started noticing it is taking more effort to breathe, my O2 is normal, but just feels harder and I am having trouble downing especially chewy food like meat without coughing, feeling like it is going down wrong pipe. I’m extremely fatigued and having post nasal drip on right side.

All these symptoms seem very sudden to me, and I am aggressively trying to move up the date of my apt with my nuerologist. Does this sound like ALS? Something else?

Concur with Shiftkicker.

Why are you here? Agree with all of above.

I love when you guys start with post nasal drip and brain fog. This is a FATAL disease of the motor neurons. The classic symptom being unexplained weakness without pain or strange sensation. Post nasal drip? Go to walgreens and get some advil cold and sinus.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back