Diagnosis
06/2005
Country
US
State
North Dakota
City
Turtle Lake
Hi, Im new here and am interested in getting some information on ALS. Have been diagnosed lately.

Farmgal, Welcome. You will find many wonderful and supportive people on this site. I am not as informed as many on this site, so I'm sure they will soon offer you some good advice. I will keep you in my Rosary prayers.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find all the info you are looking for here. You can also use the search feature above to try to find answers other people have already added.

Welcome. Jump in with questions if you can't find answers with search.
AL.

Hi

Farmgal, Welcome. You will find many wonderful and supportive people on this site. I am not as informed as many on this site, so I'm sure they will soon offer you some good advice. I will keep you in my Rosary prayers.

Thank You for your prayers, that is what has held me together all this time.

Farmgal:

Please keep me in your prayers as well. Take care.

Has anyone just fallen backwards

I have done that 3 times, and its the strangest feeling of knowing your going backwards and you cant grab anything because your hands wont work. NOT to mention the pain when you hit the ground. I was also wondering if anybody has alot of hand spams in doing repeated things ? Thank you

I've only fallen backwards once and that was with help. Someone left a dish that we feed the dogs with in the middle of the kitchen floor. Its just a small plate sitting on a linoleum tile floor. Well I wasn't watching where I was going and stepped on it. My legs were doing well at the time so I'm sure it would've been quite a show watching me ice skate around the kitchen while I try to catch up with my foot on the plate. In the end the plate-foot was faster and down I went.

Relevant, not really but I laughed once I got up.

What happens though is your reflexes slow which in turn causes the loss of balance. By the time the body catches up with what's happening you're on your way to the floor. Its different for everyone and is also affected by which muscles are weakening.

Hand spasms for me are an on and off thing but do happen more often if I've been typing a lot throughout the day.

What's the best ALS Clinic

My husband's neurologist says he "more than likely has bulbar ALS". we've got an appointment at the Mayo clinic in two weeks. is this the best ALS Clinic? We are willing to go anywhere?
Thank you!

I've only fallen backwards once and that was with help. Someone left a dish that we feed the dogs with in the middle of the kitchen floor. Its just a small plate sitting on a linoleum tile floor. Well I wasn't watching where I was going and stepped on it. My legs were doing well at the time so I'm sure it would've been quite a show watching me ice skate around the kitchen while I try to catch up with my foot on the plate. In the end the plate-foot was faster and down I went.

Relevant, not really but I laughed once I got up.

What happens though is your reflexes slow which in turn causes the loss of balance. By the time the body catches up with what's happening you're on your way to the floor. Its different for everyone and is also affected by which muscles are weakening.

Hand spasms for me are an on and off thing but do happen more often if I've been typing a lot throughout the day.
Thank you for the info, my dr. just seems to want to adjust my baclofen and I quess that would help to . But its a good thing to laugh, I found out fast that you can only cry so long then you have to hold your head up, eyes down and everywhere, and if you hit the floor and are not hurt youcan laugh ! We jjust put in wood laniment flooring, and guess what when you fall the furniture pushes with you, heck I redecorated many time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back