Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Fort st Jon
I have had twitches and and some muscle soreness for a 11 months I seen a neurologist who did a ncv test and a emg on one muscle in the beciep at the beginning of my twitching. 10 months later I went back and had a emg done when the test was over she said things looked fine. I asked for a copy of my results to be mailed to me and I just received them. I do not understand what she is saying in terms of what the emg picked up?
As well is this considered a clean or dirty emg?
I attached a copy of the information.
Thanks for any Input

Attachments

• Doc Jan 04, 2018, 1652.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
Twitching and soreness DO NOT indicate ALS.

Read the Pinned Post titled Read Before Posting for more information.

Thanks for the reply I realize that I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what the emg report meant, like what she was saying they seen in the emg
Thanks

Your report shows that several muscles were tested by EMG. Most of these were normal. The only abnormalities were slight increased insertional activity in one area and a few small simple fasciculations.

This would be considered a clean EMG in that they did not find denervation/ reinnervation or complex fasciculations of the type seen in ALS. The neurologist goes on to say that your overall presentation suggests benign fasiculation syndrome. So you’re cleared of motor neuron disease/ ALS. Yippee!

Thanks yOur for the reply. Does anyone one know how what occasional remodelen of motor u it’s means ?

Not much is the answer. It can happen for a number of reasons including but not limited to exercise, aging and old injury. If it had been worrisome your doctor would have told you. As Karen said you have been cleared by your doctor. Yippee!

Thanks for all the information guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back