Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
I am a 50 year old father of five grown children with the most wonderful wife ever. We are so proud of all of our children and are especially proud of my three youngest sons, all serving our country in the military. Our youngest, Nolan, is a MP in the Marines currently stationed in North Carolina. Kyle just recently received a promotion to sergeant and is currently serving in Kandahar City, Afghanistan. He will finish his time there in May and return to his duty station in Germany.

Our middle child, Sean, is also in the Army and here's what I'm looking for help with. He has already served two tours in Iraq and is scheduled to deploy again in March and he will be gone for at least a year. He is currently stationed in Hawaii and has requested a compassionate relocation transfer to Fort Polk, LA about two hours from my home so that he could visit on weekends and help with caretaking duties to give my wife some relief. The fact is that he'd like to spend time with his Dad and is worried that in a year and a half, my condition could be significantly worse.

His commanding officer has denied his request, stating that since he has a brother and sister not enlisted, Sean doesn't need to be around to help. We don't want to give up on this and time is running short, has anyone else faced this situation or does anyone have any contacts that might be able to intervene?

I would highly recommend your local and state congressmen. Send them a letter. Your Senator. I would also copy your local news outlets. This can help get a response from when you contact government.

Do not be afraid to play up your illness either. It is a dreadful and terrible disease and should be presented as such.

Just my two cents.

Write directly to your Senators and Congressman.

Don't give up trying and get help to fight it if needed. Life is precious and he needs to see you and be with you.

Good news, Stu with ALS Guardian Angels was able to find a contact with Senator Landrieu's office and they are interested in helping work this out

That was going to be my suggestion- to contact Stu.
Hope it all works out!

What great news! So happy for you.

Stu is on it......he has an amazing way of getting things done. That is why I wish we could win the Pepsi Refresh Contest for his organization. Is everyone voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back