00/0000
Country
UK
State
CK
City
Cobh
Hello Everyone,
I posted here in January with MRI results, I was very kindly given advice by the lovely members of this group. I have since seen a neurologist and had an EMG. Im struggling to make sense of it and if I'm wondering could I get some further advice/opinion on the findings please?
Thank you in advance

(prev thread here: Irisheyes39 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Please repost the emg after blocking your name. Also there should have been a summary page. Did your doctor not explain your result?

Apologies, I'll repost both pages with details removed. I did receive an explanation, but in all honesty I was so worked up and emotional I didn't take much in.

Then tell us what you do remember and the plan

Hi all. I'll post my results, I guess the neurologists narrative on page one is positive. I guess I'm just really scared at how weak I feel, my tongue seems to twitch a lot and I seem to have issues in multiple places. If I can trouble anyone for their take/advice on this please.

Hi there- if you could repost with your personal information obscured please. Many thanks

Im sorry guys for doing that again!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_164056.jpg
    IMG_20210326_164056.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20210326_164030.jpg
    IMG_20210326_164030.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_20210326_163954.jpg
    IMG_20210326_163954.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 217
congratulations! that is a great result on the EMG, it shows a diagnosis and is clearly not ALS.
Your doctor can walk you through the results and the treatment path that will be appropriate for you. I'm very happy for you.

This report suggests that you might benefit from physiotherapy, so I would try to set that up. All the best.
--Laurie

Thank you both for your replies, it means a lot. My neurologist rang me and gave me a quick run through of the results and if I'm honest he wasn't 100% helpful. If you guys don't mind, what's all this +1 & reduced pattern mean? And why do I have to do a second EMG? I just want to focus on my son and not the internet, if anyone can shed some light again it would mean the world.
Jason

I'm sorry, this is a forum to help people with ALS which you don't have. Maybe go back to your PCP and ask how you should move forwards now you have this EMG. None of the people answering you here are doctors, and you need to discuss these issues with a doctor that can examine you.

Tests are often repeated after a period of time, for thousands of illnesses and injuries. Again, please ask your doctor as the members here are terminally ill. Again I'm so glad you have been cleared of ALS.

It is up to you to choose to focus on life and your son and you can do this by not coming here or continuing to google things you don't have. All the very best as a father.

Ok sorry for bothering you.

The followup EMG is to make sure you are stable.

The recruitment and numbers continue to suggest that you have some chronic spine damage (extremely common) but not anything that is progressing right now. Physio can help alleviate your symptoms and help reinforce how to move so as to minimize any further issues (e.g. lifting while keeping a neutral spine).

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back