Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately there was a mix up and she did not have the results as planned. Next appt is the 9th. But she was concerned about the fainting and requested I see him for maybe an EEG. At least this way I can have a consult with him. Just waiting for them to call me with an appt.

If you can just post the last page of the EMG report that has the "summary/conclusion".

If the EMG was done... you can get the results before the 9th.

Was hoping to get an appt with the neuro before the 9th so he could give me the results himself instead of my doc who requested the EMG. This way I could ask all my questions directly to him instead of posting more symptoms and questions here. I don’t want to feel like I am wasting peoples time on the forum. Just getting fed up I guess and the stress is driving me nuts. Seems to be something new every day with my body.

Was able to bump up my appt from the 9th to tomorrow. Starting to get a bit nervous. These stupid twitches and fatigue are driving me mad. So let me get this straight. The NCS on my left arm and leg, and the EMG on my right leg only is enough to rule out anything nasty? I was surprised that he only did one leg.

The doctor has the years of training and experience to figure out where and what when they're conducting an emg. It will be interesting to hear what they speak to you about. The questions you have asked throughout this thread should be presented to the doctor- who can walk you through and explain their findings. If you are worried you will forget something important, bring a list of written questions.

I kinda wish it was the neurologist himself instead of my doctor tomorrow. I am still waiting for the appt to see the neurologist. Just need some good news tomorrow. I am sure it will help with the anxiety of this entire situation. You have all been so helpful. It’s amazing how you folks have dedicate your time to help out people like me. Praying for all of you and I think I will throw in a prayer for myself tonight.

So I had my EMG and NCS results today. Both were normal. So thankful! So if I understood the doctor she said the report said no evidence of disease of the PNS. So I guess that rules out ALS right? So that leaves the CNS. I will now wait to see the neurologist and continue my journey to hopefully get a diagnosis one day.
I want to thank all of you who offered your time and advise over the past month for me. The work you all do is a blessing and I will pray for all of you. You are all amazing people and my heart goes out to you all.

That is great news.

Rereading your thread, I would in addition to following up w/ the neuro, go back to a primary care doc and make sure you have had bloodwork/discussions to illuminate possible nutritional deficiencies, sleep/stress contribution, etc. A hot tub, massage and fruit smoothie couldn't hurt. I don't want to be flip, but at your age with 4 kids and cancer concerns, things like nutrition and hydration easily go by the wayside. The simplest hypothesis is often the correct one.

Best,
Laurie

Just a quick update. Saw the neurologist this past week and he looked me in the eye and said all this is stress related! I asked him if even by doing one leg for the EMG was enough to rule out anything was enough and he said yes. I can’t say I am satisfied because he never even did a neurological exam. How you can diagnose someone within 5 minutes is beyond me. Especially with the twitching getting worse. Anyway, I have decided to get a second opinion not because my fear of ALS is less now but because I don’t consider that a 100% diagnosis without some other types of tests. Anyone have any comments or suggestions? Maybe I shouldn’t even be here anymore but the advise has been a blessing.

I don’t think you need to be here.

As far as seeking additional opinions, go with your gut.

Sometimes it’s the connection between doctor and patient that can determine whether or not an encounter is satisfying even if the information conveyed is the same.

Agree with Karen. You will not find further advice or help from the people here other than to keep working with your doctor, or find another that you trust, to track down the cause of your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back