Long term ALS survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you can help him, Caroline!

Caroline
I agree with you, believing in helping someone in need. We have tried and tried. I have tried personally many many times to offer help in getting in touch with him to get help. It had took all this to maybe get there. I wish you well in your efforts.

Lorie

hi al/lorie

ive just recieved email from a renee lowery at north texas alsa. they have been in touch with delb and are arranging a home visit,clinic appointments ect. they will do everything they can to help him,im waiting for email from delb for more update.
im so relieved and happy for him,ive asked him when he feels ready to come back to the forum.
best wishes
caroline:-D

Thank you for helping, Caroline. I do not think I ever saw anyone so stuck in the "it won't/can't work" line of thought. I know sometimes it is easy to get into a negative frame of mind and you seem to have found the way to cut through it. Good job!

Caroline

Caroline,
You have done a great thing. Maybe we have contributed to the "Push". It is already hard enough to "Live" with this disease. Everybody with or without it needs to enjoy what "Life" they have to the fullest and not be sentenced to more Misery than they deserve. I really hope it works out for him. I am trying to find new ways now for my brother to be more involved in "Living Life" at the stage he is in. I am a Optimist and constant negativity gets to me. No matter who it is.

I really hope things get better for him, Emotionally and Living!

Lorie

lorie

i have read the link about your brother and my heart goes out to you both,tell tim to try and hold on we are all with him in spirit and prayers. i think your amazing taking care of your brother and still find time to help others here,god bless you both.
as for bert WOW,he is one big insperation it just shows what positive thinking and
outlook can achieve
god bless
caroline

Caroline

Thank you!

That was a nice thing for you to say. My brother is Awsome, I Love him sooo much. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him. Bert is Amazing. He has made a big difference in my life. He has given me so many inspirations. I try to help with ALS as much as I can. This Forum, Meetings, Awareness, ALS Advocacy and many other things. I have come to have my own little support group. (well I am not sure its so little anymore).

Lorie:-D

Here again we see the main reason for the forum in action. Caroline great job. I'm glad you were able to persevere and reach out and get him the help he needs. I do hope and pray all is well with his situation and it works out for his good.

You are right to chastise us as being quick to jump to the wrong conclusions. We have to sometimes be jolted to remember each and every person is different and their situation is different.

God Bless you for being there when he needed you the most.

capt al

sorry its taken so long to reply. thankyou for your kind words,i was not chastising anyone i can understand people being wary with all the scam's etc going on on the web.
del is doing great, i have daily contact with him by email,also renee lowery from alsa keeps me updated,they are going to see him today and have alot of help lined up for him.
alls well that ends well lol.
god bless

Just an update

And I hope I am doing this correctly on this forum! Believe me I do. I did want to come on and give an update after a couple of people asked me about him. My friend Max, is still attempting to teach and go about his daily life to the very best of his ability. I did learn that he is on several experimental drugs and is weak and in pain and so we just take life one day at a time and we will just see what today brings.

I sincerely thank those of you who asked about him. He is an extraordinary man.

Blessings to all.,

Sandee

Just a thank you

I wanted to take this time to thank all of you so very, very much, especially those of you who have wrote and asked about my dear friend Max as it means so very much to both him and myself and while I may visit from time to time I think I for the most part have found a local group that I feel more of a part of and I don't really feel so paranoid over talking on the forum with them and accidently maybe posting to much to them and here I don't want to mess up again and I'll always be afraid that I will mess up here again unfortunately and like I said I will still visit here from time to time as I think it is a great forum, and well just again I do thank you so very much for your kindness.

Thank you,
sandee

Sandee. You didn't mess up. You just over reacted. I'm really sorry that you think you'll mess up. Lots of people have come on here and did exactly as you did. No one told them to leave and no one wants you to. I hope if you don't hang out here you'll at least let us know how Max is doing.
AL.

Hi Im still hanging around

Just in case anyone wondered I am still checking in once in awhile. I hope to soon be able to be of some help. You are all very brave and caring people. I hate this disease more each day. My son was arrested again last night, this time I have made up my mind I will not bail him out for the 3rd time. It is strike 3 you stay in jail. I want so much to help on this forum and the fight against ALS in whichever way that I can.

ive just recieved email from a renee lowery at north texas alsa. they have been in touch with delb and are arranging a home visit,clinic appointments ect. they will do everything they can to help him,im waiting for email from delb for more update.
im so relieved and happy for him,ive asked him when he feels ready to come back to the forum.
best wishes

Thanks for the update, Caroline. You are really nice to have done that. I haven't been on here very consistently, but I did call a local church a while back to see if there was anyone in town who could help him. Not much helpful advice from them, and then I just got so exhausted reading those posts that I stopped paying attention to it.

My mom and I watch Days of Our Lives to experience other people's soap operatic experiences vicariously. We laugh about how they always use oxygen tubes in the nose to indicate that a person is really sick in the hospital. No matter what, the oxygen is always there, along with outdated equipment. Nothing at all like our hospital experiences.

Just saying hello

and I wanted to let all know that my friend Max is doing well for the most part. He has lost weight and is in some pain now but is trying to keep his spirits up. Thanks to all who have pm'd about him thus far.,

Sandee

sandee

i am glad to hear from you and that max is ok.i was rather worried about you when you left because you thought you had done something wrong. we all put our foot in it sometimes,i know i definatly do. please keep in touch and let us know how you and max are getting on, we are always here if you need support,to chat or help.
god bless
caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back