Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NC
City
Winston-Salem
Hi. 52 yr old female. Gastric bypass, 2008. History of B12, D, Calcium, and Iron difficiebcy. Journey starts 2 years ago, new job, about a year in, started feeling of horrible fatigue, heavy, stiff feeing legs but trudged through. Also, diagnosis of osteoarthritis in hips, walking for past year some days was awfully painful. Then, three months ago, woke with sharp pain in mid spine area. Finally went to ortho doc. Cervical MRI shows moderate facet joint arthritis in all vertebrae, small spur with some spinal cord compression. Hip X-ray showed very bad osteoarthritis in left hip. Got hip injection a month ago, pain gone. Said need hip replacement but can't do it until find out what's wrong with neck. Oh, also, stiff neck not much mobility for about 5 years, no pain. Ortho sent to rheumatologist, saw her, tests, no inflammatory arthritis but bad osteoarthritis in neck and hips, and said probably in mid and lower spine too although no pain there. Now to my concern, three weeks ago on a Monday, at work at PC, and legs suddenly had twitches all over them from calves down including feet, tingling, little electric shock zaps, all over both of them. Legs still stiff and heavy but can walk just stiff. Went to primary care, did bloodwork, gave B12 shot and checked B12 (30 mins after shot) and D. Results were B12 was high (it has never been high), D was very low at 9, gave me RX of 50,000 mg of D weekly for next 4 weeks. A few days afterwards, twitching in calves not as bad but still there, tingling not as bad but still there, heaviness is better but legs still feel stiff. Rheumatologist did neurologist referral was there today. Did strength gets and sensory tests, didn't say either way if anything abnormal, wrote one thing down, and said does not know why calves are twitching and tingling and ordered both of the normal tests. I can walk on toes, lift legs, only weakness I feel is in upper arms, but can raise arms, thumbs are still and little finger and ring finger on left hand twitches when flexed, not when relaxed. Since he ordered the tests (a month from today) I am so anxious about it. Any thoughts on all of this? Weird no symptoms prior to cervical MRI and hip injection a month ago and now suddenly three weeks ago the twitches, tingling, electric shock things from knees down, which is better but still there, and few electric shock feeling in feet mostly, and upper arms just feel weird. Thank you sooooo much for any thoughts on all of this, and I do respect those who have been diagnosed and in no way think my journey right now is even close to yours. Sorry for such a long post but the past couple of months have been rough. Thanks again.

CCarter, I read through your post twice, trying to find the part where you would say ANYTHING that might pertain to ALS. You didn't.

Whatever you may have, it certainly isn't ALS. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I'm really very confident in that.

Thank you, Mike! I appreciate your reply more than I could ever ever express. Donated to the site and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back