Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Here is what happened: I woke up today feeling strong. Didn’t even get worn out by simple things like taking a shower or pouring my coffee. So I decided to have one morning where I would take a break from worrying about my symptoms, latest tests, or even all my beloved CALS and PALS on this forum.

Since I didn’t need to lie down every few minutes, I was ready to leave for work a little early. So I decided to stop at CVS to pick up the latest pictures of the grandchildren. The Store Associate rang up my order very quickly, but not before I saws the words, “do you want to donate to ALS” flash across the screen. Then my total came up and he asked me how I wanted to pay.

"Wait,” I said. “Can you go back? I thought I saw something about a fundraiser.”[

"Oh yes. Did you want to donate?”

“Well, seeing as I know some of the people who have organized this fundraiser, yes. I hardly think I can face anybody today if I don’t ask you to re-do the sale to include my donation!”

Then he went and got another clerk, who rummaged around until she found those little signs you fill in. I signed mine as ‘Cindym’ of course. It is up on the wall in a CVS store somewhere in Massachusetts.

So much for taking the morning off, Lorie! :-D But I was so proud to know you and Tim! :-D And for everybody in Massachusetts, here is an additional challenge: go visit every CVS store within driving distance and make a donation. If you see my name on one of those little cards and write back to say which CVS I shop at, I’ll buy you a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee!

That is awesome!

I didn't realize CVS pharmacies were doing it throughout the nation. Have been trying to help Lorie sell some raffle tickets myself, but was under the impression it was more of a local thing. HOW WONDERFUL! That made my day too! Way to go Lorie! :mrgreen:

I know! I almost hugged the poor clerk, confused as he was about their new fundraiser. Stephanie, you and Lorie make a great team!

I have been seeing the donations here on Long Island as well, needless to say there are many little round things with my brother's name on them! you guys ROCK!
Lerg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back