Learn about ALS
Country
BD
State
khulna
City
khulna
hi
I am 30 years old. My both calves and both feet are twitching for the last 5 months non stop.
I have visited neurologist and he suggested me b12. But no improvement. I have also twitching in my arms, hand , fingure, face,eyes and even in belly but these twitching disappeared after some seconds. But the calves twitching never stop. I am getting anxious if this is als. I can not sleep.
What should I have to do.! Any cure for als?:cry:

I wouldn't worry about ALS if your main problem is twitching.
Twitching is common to many conditions. ALS is rare.
Don't think of ALS just because you're twitching.

But I heard non stop twitching is first symptom of als

You heard incorrectly. Twitching as Mike said is non specific. My first symptom was weakness

< Mod note: Dally, sorry. I have to cut you off. Our rules require that if you don't have ALS, you need to stick to your own thread. Shovon asked for, and received, informed answers. >

Last edited by a moderator:
Nikki..are you suffering from als ?
My calves twitching are localized....but there are also twitching all over my body randomly but the are not stay much times. Doctor gave me vitamin b12 for 3 months. I have taken it for 1 month but no improvement. I have already visited two neuro doctor but I think they may be do not about als much.

Nikki..are you suffering from als ?
My calves twitching are localized....but there are also twitching all over my body randomly but the are not stay much times. Doctor gave me vitamin b12 for 3 months. I have taken it for 1 month but no improvement. I have already visited two neuro doctor but I think they may be do not about als much.

Shovon, Nikki has 5 people in her family with ALS, and she has ALS, too. She's really well informed.

You've been seen by a GP medical doctor and two neurologists, and they've found no reason to examine you further for ALS.

The description you wrote here has nothing to do with ALS.

If you prefer to have yet another opinion, then I suggest you ask your doctor to send you for another consult.

Mike
Thank you. Could you plz tell me what types of weakness Nikki want to say.
Yesterday I felt weakness in my both of legs and a hot feelings in the legs.

Hi Shovon,

You want Mike to tell you what sort of weakness Nikki is referring to? That seems a bit suspicious.
Read the sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Als doesn't 'feel' weak. Nor does it feel hot.

You don't present any als symptoms. You do not need to be here. Lucky you.

Plz let me know is twitching continuously in the same place can't be a primary symptom for als ?
I know there is anxious but I relexed my self but the twitch still in there.sometimes it gets worsen. I am getting mad. I am afraid of als.I can't sleep. Every time I go to bed it seems when I will get up I will see my legs are feelingless. I know you all will say I am anxious but I do believe anxious never make a non stop twitching that is going on with me for the last 4 months.:cry:

Hi shovon,

We have this great post at the top of this forum that says PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

It answers really clearly all your questions about twitching. It saves us having to type the same thing a lot. Some of us here can barely type and some are just exhausted and so busy caring.

Twitches mean absolutely nothing, and it is totally true - anxious will make this kind of twitching, most definitely it will. Anxious won't affect ALS fasciculations however.

From the internet I found als patient whose first symptom was body wide twitching and then weakness came after it.

You can find someone who will tell you anything and everything on the internet. 1. You were examined by a neurologist after onset of twitching. Was this person? Or others you may find? Maybe they were not and if there had been weakness would have been found
2. You can find stories of many many many people who twitched for years even decades without ALS
3 you do not know nor does anyone else that the twitches that person had were a harbinger of ALS. Maybe they were , maybe they were not
4 maybe that person had genetic ALS. There is one form where people do often twitch as first symptom Don't say well maybe I have that. If you did you would have a parent with it as well as multiple relatives
5. You can choose to obsess about twitches and waste your life but you are almost certainly fine. If you are not what earthly good is it to worry?
The best thing you can do is to take care of your physical health ( diet exercise hydration) and your mental health stress management and leaving this board and stop searching for ALS stories. If you must read stories on the net read about bfs but better to stop searching the net altogether

Last edited:
Shovon, at 30 years old, you are exceptionally very young for ALS. ALS rarely strikes at 30.

The twitching you describe doesn’t sound like the twitching that we read about in ALS.

The twitching you describe sounds a lot like stress and anxiety.

In ALS, you don’t feel weak, or hot, or anything at all. The muscle just doesn’t work anymore. There are no feelings.

Shovon, a doctor, two neurologists, and some knowledgeable people here all agree that you don’t have ALS. If you can’t accept that, then you have an emotional problem. Get that fixed or it will ruin your life.

4. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a progressive neurodegenerative disease where the obstruction of communication between the brain and the skeletal are obstructed because of the degeneration of motor neurons in the spinal cord and the brain.

Primary symptoms include muscle twitching all over body, muscle spasm and stiffness, labored breathing, difficulty in speaking, mastication and swallowing and poor coordination. Muscle weakness and even complete body paralyses may ensue later on. A drug called Riluzole is a favored treatment; however, it only delays the advancement of the disease
New Health Advisor - New Health Advisor for Daily Health Care.
Read it pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back