Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
City
Kuna
Hi all. I’ve been lurking here for awhile and finally decided to post. I’ve read dozens of posts on twitching as well as the “read this first,” but have a specific question. I admittedly have bad health anxiety but my grandmother passed away from ALS so I think it increases my worries.

About five months ago I injured my foot, presumably from working at home (barefoot) suddenly and taking long walks in cheap sandals. After a few months of pain, I started wearing shoes around the house and the pain went away. But then the twitching started.

The twitching is specific to my left foot (the one that had been hurt) and is pretty much all over and all the time. It has gone away for a day or two here and there but always comes back. I have no noticeable weakness. Just recently it’s started to creep up into my calf. The reason I’m growing more concerned is because if I massage or stretch my foot, it makes the twitching even worse. I read on another post that touching the muscles in ALS can “start up” the twitching.

Can anyone offer any insight? Does this sound concerning in terms of possible ALS? I want to think it’s related to my injury but after two months I’m growing more concerned by the day.

Twitching means NOTHING and you know you have read that over and over here. Please go to your doctor and get help. You simply do not have ALS no matter what you try to test and convince yourself. All the best.

I would see a podiatrist, conditions permitting. You might need some PT to rehab the muscles around your injury.

Rest assured, nothing you've said sounds like ALS, and your grandmother (sorry for your loss) doesn't mean "ALS is in your family."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back