Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NV
City
Las Vegas
I have read the symptoms and forums and avoided posting but I haven't slept and I'm so worried. Single mom, 48. 8 days ago I did a workout with shoulder taps, my left shoulder hurt during but I persisted. I am clinging to this, but it wasn't a crazy workout, it was short and I'd say of easy intensity. The next day I started with a twitching muscle in my left arm about 5 inches above my elbow. I have tried to ignore it and the day before yesterday I thought it was going away. I did a hike and didnt notice it at all except for a couple of little twitches before bed. Then yesterday it was like payback. I twitched all day and night in that spot. It is visible to to others. I don't quite understand clinical weakness, I keep "checking" and my arm seems to be functioning. I did have a run of all over twitches a few mos ago and I accepted them and they subsided but this is much different. Is there anything that can cause a constant ( very little reprieve if any) twitch in one spot aside from a worst case? I keep seeing twitches all over or twitches in calves, but since this is one spot in my arm I could really use some input as to how serious this sounds. We lost my daughter's father just before Covid and I just have this mix of fear and guilt like I may have triggered something awful. Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Not to be totally weird but I am not getting any responses, it's making me more worried. Is localized really this concerning? I have an appt with my doctor later today

No it isn’t concerning. Twitches are meaningless. In your case you may be twitching because you tweaked your shoulder. glad you are seeing a doctor to get your concerns addressed

This does not sound serious at all as regards ALS. ALS is not triggered by a workout, and localized twitching doesn't signal ALS. I'd rest the muscle, try heat, massage, etc. presuming the appointment goes well.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back