sdsyd

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
Hi guys. Had f/u with local neuro today and he said he thinks if it were ALS it would be progressing much faster than it is, but these processes are often varied with each individual.
He is hopeful that another set of eyes at the ALS/MDA clinic (next week!) will give us answers and direction. He did see decline in function and strength esp. on my left side , voiced concern...and after evaluating my walking issued me papers for a disability hanger for my car,( we did not ask for this,but welcomed it) which we went to the courthouse and obtained. He remains hopeful and again was very sincere. He did not commit to any diagnosis yet again- which is really ok with me. I am glad he doesn't want to if he doesn't feel comfortable, I actually think its admirable. he also said if the clinic in Colorado couldnt give us a diagnosis, we would watch and begin the process of possibly repeating some tests until whatever "this neurodegnerative process is" declares itself.

Thats all for now. Gotta run and pick up my teenybopper from HS. He broke his wrist snowboarding this weekend (second time on the slopes this season with the best snow pack in a decade- BUMMER!) so we are carpooling, as it is his right arm and he drives a stick. The fun never ends!

Love-

Cindy

Cindy- maybe we share more than just a first name? :smile:

You probably want answers, though, other than "let's wait" or "something neuromuscular." But this proves to me that I am in good company! Hugs, the other Cindy

Cindy,

I'm glad your neuro doesn't want to commit. Not too much longer to your appt. in Denver. Fingers crossed for ya!

Bummer about your boys wrist... It is a heck of a season to miss. We just got another couple of inches last night, then had a gorgeous sunny day. Perfect day to be in the mountains.

Take care,

Robert

cindy~

Good luck next week. Sometimes it is better not to have answer, at least that is my new way of thinking! I love your new pics, so nice to know who you are talking to and thier family since we all give so much support here!

blessings

april

Cindy-
Good luck next week with that appt. Glad to hear you're doing good- take care of that teenager!
talk soon,
brenda

Cindy,

I'm enjoying my stay in Limbo Land with your fine company (and that of all others). I've grown to like this place in an odd sort of way.

In the meantime, enjoy the hanging placard in your car!

(I never get any cool stuff when I go to the neuro - just odd looks and raised eyebrows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back