LMND - what is the difference with ALS/MND?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nikki i just translate what he wrote, literally. you are correct. chronic (severe) denervation. sorry, fibs and psws are abbrevitations of...?
Comments about nups and recruitment?... please clarify...
anyway, everything is clear after review dg: it is up to progression velocity, which is, in my case, not so fast.
question is when als will affect hands. can not imagine that limb onset affects legs too much compared to hands.
it is still not clear to me: human body has more than 700 muscles. do all upper and lower motor neuron die, so all muscles die? or is it some neurons die, some not, so it manifests through i.e. paraparesis, but not paresis. am i clear?

Chronic denervation no active? Als should have both. Fibs are fibrillations psws are positive sharp waves. You should have those in multiple muscles if you have lower motor neuron disease. In the US and other places your report includes tables with muscles test in the left hand columns and the things I mentioned going along the top there should also be decreased recruitment and large mups ( motor unit potentials). After the tables we get the interpretation

It is not THAT unusual not to progress beyond limb of onset for several years. I have a friend after 11 years you has one leg involved and yes the diagnosis is solid. She is FALS and has been seen by leading ALS experts. My aunt also FALS was about 10 years to spread beyond initial leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back