Living with this "ALS THING"

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyd

Hi Carol

It's nice to hear from you. i have started on my morphine decent. slowly, I might add. just enough to keep me comfortable. I receive it by iv pump with the occasional bolus when needed. i don't know how long I have but I will post until I can't. My wife wants to keep me around as long as I possibly can without any suffering. if I should feel any discomfort. She and my daily check up nurse get orders from my doctor to increase the meds. As long as I am comfortable without pain or breathing discomforts, i am happy to share the time with my family. Or in my own little world on my laptop.

keeping the faith
John

Henry is on the same ship with me. Rita says it's my choice too. as long as I do what she wants. Hehehe. just today I said no more bi-pap. she said no. I didn't want any food. She said ok. and then pumped ensure through my tube. then I asked for more morphine and she gave me a bolus. 2 minutes later my nurse arrived and I asked her for a bolus she gave one to me. then my daughter walked in and asked her the same. She gave me a shot to. lol. it's like candy. i sucked them in. hehehe. I asked for a higher dose. I have to wait till tomorrow.
how much is Henry on per hour ?

l8r John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back